Author Topic: I'm curious about something ... (material for improvement?)  (Read 431 times)

Offline vorpal+5 (OP)

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
It's "Fleet Range." At the top level, you see the total fuel in your fleet and the distance of all move orders. However, the information that's missing is the overall range the fleet could travel. To find this out, you currently have to expand the ship tree and check the range of each individual ship.

Admittedly, one reason for this might be the ability to transfer fuel within the fleet. But without considering fuel transfer, the current interface requires constant checking of individual ships to get an idea of the fleet's range.

The following users thanked this post: welchbloke, kks, BAGrimm, nuclearslurpee

Online Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: I'm curious about something ... (material for improvement?)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2024, 06:49:55 PM »
It's "Fleet Range." At the top level, you see the total fuel in your fleet and the distance of all move orders. However, the information that's missing is the overall range the fleet could travel. To find this out, you currently have to expand the ship tree and check the range of each individual ship.

Admittedly, one reason for this might be the ability to transfer fuel within the fleet. But without considering fuel transfer, the current interface requires constant checking of individual ships to get an idea of the fleet's range.

That line is solely for the fuel, therefore limited to the amount of fuel in the fleet. The way I understand it, the tab is for maintenance and logistical purposes, so at a glance, you are able to understand costs for MSP, fuel for the fleet to be operational, and other important information such as location and/or orders.

Having said that, perhaps the range could be implemented in the same way that speed works, including the smallest ship's range in the fleet itself, which I assume currently triggers the 50% (or any other) conditional order?

Perhaps, you can add this as suggestion on the https://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=13404.msg169562#new thread as I think we could benefit from something like that.

The following users thanked this post: vorpal+5