Author Topic: Precursor range  (Read 1820 times)

Offline steili (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
Precursor range
« on: February 28, 2016, 11:24:40 AM »
Long story short, I lost one of my early exploring vessels to the precursors.  I stayed away from the system for a few decades, and when I came back, they were nowhere to be found.  It turns out that they're camping on the orbiting star 630 bkm away. 

Do you guys think that there should be a maximum range for the precursor ships? I'm aware that they don't care about fuel, but perhaps there should be implemented a "hard" limit?

Offline iceball3

• Captain
Re: Precursor range
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 11:31:27 AM »
Were there any lagrange points between the two stars? If not, then yeah, I do agree that it's a problem.
*angrily mumbles about the stupid level of range that a 10,000 km/s 750 ton swarm combat ship has.*

Offline steili (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 11:33:13 AM »
Nope, there's no LPs in the system.

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 02:57:25 PM »
Making ai ships use fuel (or maint) would be an enormous headache for both dev and players.

That's an usual circumstance, but then again precursors are immune to other rules like 'needing crew', so...maybe they're too cool for sorium ^___^

Offline steili (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 03:09:24 PM »
Yea, I would imagine so.  I was thinking more of filtering out very long voyages when the AI is deciding which destination they're heading towards. 

Offline Sematary

• Commodore
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 06:31:37 PM »
As far as I am aware, all NPRs including Precursors have operational limit instead of fuel. So they should already have a maximum range.

Offline steili (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 09:18:12 PM »
I double-checked the history of the ships in the Precursor fleet, and it is indeed the same ship that blew up my explorer that currently sits on the orbiting star.