Author Topic: Technology Sharing?  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Mor (OP)

• Commander
Technology Sharing?
« on: February 27, 2016, 08:07:03 AM »
How technology sharing work?

So far I gathered that:
1. If you have a research treaty, you'll immediately receive any tech developed by your partner.
2. If you have friendly relations, technology will eventually trickle down to the less advanced Race.

But, I am not sure about any nuances, for example does tech sharing encompass all background tech fields and components?

Offline Sematary

• Commodore
Re: Technology Sharing?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 10:16:10 AM »
What I have noticed with nations that start on the same world and have at least a 0 relation once you are at least three tech levels ahead of another person they get the next one, meaning they stay two techs behind you. This does not include techs that are SMed. It does not seem to include components.

Offline Mor (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 01:10:49 AM »
So only background techs, no component designs. What about specific tech fields, have you ever got any 'Construction and Production' techs?

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 09:22:40 AM »
The same planet tech-sharing will share 'background' techs from any field.

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 10:36:43 AM »
So only background techs, no component designs. What about specific tech fields, have you ever got any 'Construction and Production' techs?

This is a background tech so yes it does get shared. The only techs that are not subject to sharing are those you have to go into the design screen & missiles screen for, everything else is a background tech.