Author Topic: Intelligence Update?  (Read 1349 times)

Offline TMaekler (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Intelligence Update?
« on: February 27, 2016, 03:09:12 PM »
Hello,

two fractions; in one of them, i moved some ships from one Task Group to another. Both groups were in earth orbit. After that, the other fraction got several messages like this:

Intelligence Update - Sol - Thermal Signature of Charleston has changed from 62 to 20
And this for all of the ships that changed group. But with different numbers (62 to 16; 250 to 153, etc.)

What could have happened during that Task Group Transfer that the signatures changed?!?

Offline iceball3

• Captain
Re: Intelligence Update?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 03:11:56 PM »
Hello,

two fractions; in one of them, i moved some ships from one Task Group to another. Both groups were in earth orbit. After that, the other fraction got several messages like this:

Intelligence Update - Sol - Thermal Signature of Charleston has changed from 62 to 20
And this for all of the ships that changed group. But with different numbers (62 to 16; 250 to 153, etc.)

What could have happened during that Task Group Transfer that the signatures changed?!?
They probably slowed down to match the speed of the TG they just got attached to.

Offline TMaekler (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 06:22:18 PM »
But both TGs were unmoved stationary at the Planet. I simple wanted to clear up my TG List... Strange...

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 06:36:53 PM »
TH signature scaling depends on the set speed of the task group, which has nothing to do with whether they are moving or not.

Offline TMaekler (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 02:58:25 AM »
Yep, that's it. The difference in Max Speed changed the Thermal Signature.  :)