Author Topic: Antimatter - I have just Launched my Kickstarter campaign  (Read 3371 times)

Offline Geoffroypi (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • G
Antimatter - I have just Launched my Kickstarter campaign
« on: September 15, 2020, 04:03:06 PM »
This is it. After a first failed campaign 3 months ago I am doing a second attempt with a more fleshed out project !

Here is the link to the kickstarter page : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/geopi/antimatter-a-city-builder-and-4x-game

Also I have done a lot of work on the factories UI, the terraforming tools and giving some helpers on building placement. It was also time for me to continue on the job and social class system.

The following users thanked this post: vorpal+5, Black, MinuteMan, Remon_Kewl

Offline vorpal+5

• Captain
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Antimatter - I have just Launched my Kickstarter campaign
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 11:31:03 PM »
Great project ahead!!  :)

Is it a music from MoM I recognize or I'm mistaken?

« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 11:42:39 PM by vorpal+5 »

Offline Geoffroypi (OP)

• G
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 12:21:42 AM »
Great project ahead!!  :)

Is it a music from MoM I recognize or I'm mistaken?

Thanks, what do you meen by "MOM I"  ?  I am interested .

The music is "Neptune" movement from "the planets" opus by Holst.

Offline vorpal+5

• Captain
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 03:20:48 AM »
Ah sorry, I was mistaken, although I definitively heard the music you speak about before, in a game perhaps.

MoM is the acronym for Master of Magic, a game made around the time you were born ;-) , circa 1994. An awesome 4X strategy game, mixing the best of Civilization II and Magic the Gathering, the card game.

Complete OST here:
Sold also on GOG for a few dollars. Gameplay is now dated on many things though.
Graphics were ugly even in 1994 (Nightmares combat horses resembling badly drawn hippopotamus and such like ...)

Offline Jarhead0331

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 08:05:43 AM »
Shared your kickstarter page on my forum here: http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=24822.new#new

Feel free to pop in and talk about your game.

Good luck!

The following users thanked this post: Geoffroypi

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 10:59:54 AM »
Good luck with the Kickstarter campaign.

Offline cool_hc

• Leading Rate
  • c
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 11:47:02 AM »
Hi Geoffroy

I've been followling your game progress for some time, and just want to say it looks amazing, and hope you keep up the good work. 
'Antimatter' is definately a better name for this game than the previous one.
I've backed you up on Kickstarter.  Hope your KS campaign is successful this time :)

Offline Geoffroypi (OP)

• G
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 01:02:32 PM »
MoM is the acronym for Master of Magic, a game made around the time you were born ;-) , circa 1994. An awesome 4X strategy game, mixing the best of Civilization II and Magic the Gathering, the card game.

Oh yes, thanks, I have heard of this game, but when it came out I was probably too busy chewing legos.

Shared your kickstarter page on my forum here: http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=24822.new#new

Feel free to pop in and talk about your game.

Good luck!

I will immediatly do this , thanks a lot for spreading the word !

Good luck with the Kickstarter campaign.
Luck (or perhaps hard work) is with me indeed :)

Hi Geoffroy

I've been followling your game progress for some time, and just want to say it looks amazing, and hope you keep up the good work. 
'Antimatter' is definately a better name for this game than the previous one.
I've backed you up on Kickstarter.  Hope your KS campaign is successful this time :)

Hey, thank you for your support, as you can I try to improve the game, deep and wide. My only regret is that I could show more visual WIP instead of programming invisible stuff in the engine taht early, but the good side of it is that I feel confident to deliver everything, maybe i ll be late but it ll be solid.

To the Aurora community : huge thanks, I have some metrics showing me referals and currently Aurora forum stand first, along with bay12 forum as sources of contributors. Some quietly contributed.

I am been on this forum since 2012, being a lurker mostly. I am proud to get such support here.

Offline Mitchell

• Leading Rate
  • M
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 03:33:36 PM »
This looks like a fantastic project - I just entered my pledge and see your Kickstarter goal is reached!  Congratulations and keep up the great work.

Offline acantoni

• Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 05:50:19 PM »
Hey Geoffrey,

Stumbled by chance and i am quite impressed.... this seems an amazing work and very "huge" in scale and is really astonishing you have gone so far on your own...

Deserved to be backed and GOOD LUCK for this!

I admit i skimmed through it but one thing is not totally clear for me even if this is a sandbox game is where you want the main focus to be.
For example Aurora is a sandbox game but in the end the focus is expanding your empire with spaceships, colonise other planets and manage the "logistics" of resources.

Is your game more focused on the "end game" space exploration which also includes warfare or is the main focus the planet level building? again apologies if i missed it i skimmed quickly but it was not totally evident for the quick read i did

Offline Geoffroypi (OP)

• G
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 08:25:59 PM »
This looks like a fantastic project - I just entered my pledge and see your Kickstarter goal is reached!  Congratulations and keep up the great work.

Thanks ! So you are the one closing the first goal :). I have updated the project accordingly with a new stretch goal : planet-wide terraforming, just like in aurora ^^

Hey Geoffrey,

Stumbled by chance and i am quite impressed.... this seems an amazing work and very "huge" in scale and is really astonishing you have gone so far on your own...

Deserved to be backed and GOOD LUCK for this!

I admit i skimmed through it but one thing is not totally clear for me even if this is a sandbox game is where you want the main focus to be.
For example Aurora is a sandbox game but in the end the focus is expanding your empire with spaceships, colonise other planets and manage the "logistics" of resources.

Is your game more focused on the "end game" space exploration which also includes warfare or is the main focus the planet level building? again apologies if i missed it i skimmed quickly but it was not totally evident for the quick read i did

Thank you, well I think you are pointing out a flaw in my campaign, I think not everyone can get a clear overview of the gameplay. I will try to make a concise intro explaining the possibilities. Basically the game will allow full liberty on what scale you ll want to be, If you want to remain a simple trader on your ship, you can, but if you decide to end this modest life and establish a new colony by yourself you can do it as well (much more risk/reward of course).

my english is really subpar at 3 am ^^.

PS : Allright I have made a small intro into my kickstarter page, do you think it answers all your questions ?

Create your character, your ship and start as  merchant, a pirate, a freelancer or an explorator. Achieve greatness by ruling your own space empire, establishing colonies, space stations and managing your fleet of spaceships, or stay as a witness as the galaxy is turmoiling in conflicts.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 09:36:46 PM by Geoffroypi »

Offline Geoffroypi (OP)

• G
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2020, 07:18:25 PM »
So the project quickly reached its objective and I am into stretch goal territory and this is a fun one.

To elaborate a bit more, it is currently possible to terraform the terrain with some tool, you can alter the destructible environment but so far there is no terraforming at planetary scale.
The goal is to allow huge terroforming project with planified modification of the atmosphere, biosphere, geology and even the planet orbit (with thruster for exemple). The good news is that most planetologic things are already simulated thanks to the accretion model I use for planet formation and the complex atmospheric simulation, so a planet-wide terraformation expansion is much closer that we may may think :)

Also, pollution will have an effect for the whole planet and will participate to the atmospheric simulation.

I just love playing with planet simulation, my hard-drive is full of things like that, I hope I'll reach that stretch goal ^^.

Leaving here the link to the full project as a reminder : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/geopi/antimatter-a-city-builder-and-4x-game

« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 07:28:54 PM by Geoffroypi »

The following users thanked this post: Warer