Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 210298 times)

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #615 on: February 06, 2017, 07:44:30 AM »
A definite way to test would be to make a backup of the save and start from the same save point testing increment lengths and noting the final value. Unless there is some random factor involved. Might also be interesting to see if there is a difference when reactivating your facilities.

Offline rollerskatingwhale

• Able Ordinary Rate
« Reply #616 on: February 08, 2017, 05:31:18 PM »
Hello.  So I have been playing a game that has been going for 75 years.  I recently got "Error 9. . .  MoveToClosestItem" and am unable to continue my game.  I have removed all conditional orders form my fleet but I am still having this problem.  I have also tried removing all orders, shutting down my mass drivers, and cancelling all civilian contracts, but none of these seem to do anything  :-\ .  I figure that it is a problem with an NPR fleet.  If so, is there a way that I can fix this by using SM? Or am I going to have to use designer mode? Thanks in advance.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #617 on: February 09, 2017, 06:11:45 AM »
  • System map->Display->Objects->Fleets: bad onmousover text  (reported in v5-02 bugs)
    "Show names of stars"
  • Class Design->Spare berths: bad onmousover text
    "The number of people for which accommodation is provided."
  • Research->Broadband Sensor: typo in description
    "differeing"
  • If a ship stays long enough parked at some body, be it even an asteroid, crew completes their shore leave and their clock resets. Seems weird.   
  • Event message caused by problems with crew quarters at fighters (aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=9379. msg101103#msg101103)
    "Due to the technical complete failure of the life support system on board Starling 003, 0 crew members have died.  The remaining 1 crew members are struggling to stay alive. "
    -> "0 crew members have died", should rather say "but nobody has died"
    -> "1 crew members", should be singular

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 01:26:20 AM by Detros »

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #618 on: February 10, 2017, 12:35:43 PM »
  • Population and Production->Civilians / Ind Status->Civilian Colonisation Status: typo in text shown for colonies < 25M
    "critera"
  • Select Name->Riggelian (Steve): typo
    "Swordsmanster"
  • One can survey more bodies than there are.  I am currently at 624/620 for Sol.
    EDIT: One can also survey more locations than there are.  I am currently at 32/30 for Alpha Centauri. At least Galactic Map says so.
  • Task Groups->Naval Organization->Create Task Group: automatic names (at least those generated by "Branch Only") don't treat the names as strings fully
    If there is a number in the string it is treated as a number. This means if you name your branch "XXX 01" and use "Branch Only" on it, you get TG named "XXX 01" which is right. But when you then rename this branch to "XXX 001" and use "Branch Only" you don't get "XXX 001" TG but "XXX 01 #2" instead because apparently "01" and "001" gets treated as a number, colliding into "01"=1="001".
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 01:14:11 PM by Detros »

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #619 on: February 14, 2017, 11:53:04 PM »
Order your carrier to "move to JP" and once it is there use "create new TG from selected branch" in Naval Organization to get parasites docked in this carrier out.
Instead of creating new TG with the parasites just outside the carrier, new TG is made and _automatically assumed to jump through the JP_. So the list of directions is for the system on the other side of JP, not the one with carrier. As an effect of this, the parasites stay docked in the carrier because the TG they should have been detached to is currently not in the same place as they are.

Using "create new TG from selected ship" in the same situation works properly. New TG is made, it is placed just outside the carrier and selected parasite transfers to it.

Note the parasites in question were 950t Fast Scouts with self-jump capabilities.

---

Exploring one ruins site in system explores them all at once or something like that.
I have two archaeological sites in one system. On one of those I dropped Xenology team. After some time only that one site was noted in even log as "exploited" but evidently both of them got explored as I now see the amount of installations at both of them.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 02:15:30 AM by Detros »

Offline Titanian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #620 on: February 15, 2017, 05:38:46 AM »
Exploring one ruins site in system explores them all at once or something like that.
I have two archaeological sites in one system. On one of those I dropped Xenology team. After some time only that one site was noted in even log as "exploited" but evidently both of them got explored as I now see the amount of installations at both of them.
If both were of the same empire, that's the expected behavior. Once your teams have learnt their language and how they build sites, they don't have to learn it again.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #621 on: February 15, 2017, 01:36:55 PM »
If both were of the same empire, that's the expected behavior. Once your teams have learnt their language and how they build sites, they don't have to learn it again.
Ah, OK. Yes, same civilization. I just though it behaves the same as geo team surveying.
Maybe the log can have beside "team has exploited ruins at AA" also "and thus now understands other ruins of this civ too".

---

Log output bug, 'Jump Point' shown twice in the log output when building a jump gate.

28th January 2046 15:50:31,WD 1142-645 [BAA],Jump Gate Construction underway at Proxima Centauri [BA] Jump Point Jump Point
Same doubling is in TG directions given via default commands: "Move To Sol Jump Point Jump Point" so that log could have possible be caused also by being made by a default command. Beside that, "T" in "Move To" should not be capitalized here.

---

One can retool a shipyard to other class while it is building the previous design in one of its slipways.. and start constructing the new class while the old one is still being finished. Or do you see this rather as a feature of multiple slipways?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 01:49:50 PM by Detros »

Offline piercematthew0216

• Leading Rate
  • p
« Reply #622 on: February 17, 2017, 12:04:59 PM »
I was playing Aurora for the first time, and when I was done playing, I just closed the window.  Now, every time I try to start the game, a pop-up says,
 "Error in Form Load- Error 3051 was generated by DAO. Workspace The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'C:\Users\Matthew14\Desktop\Logs\Aurora\Stevefire. mdb'.  It is already opened- exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.  Please report to hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php/board,11. 0. html"
What I think it's try to say is that stevefire is already running, and so the game can't start.  I am not tech savvy, so I would like another opinion or instruction on how to deal with this.  Sorry about the inconvenience if this is just a simple fix.  (p. s. -I'm running a windows10 computer. )

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #623 on: February 17, 2017, 12:13:28 PM »
I was playing Aurora for the first time, and when I was done playing, I just closed the window.  Now, every time I try to start the game, a pop-up says,
 "Error in Form Load- Error 3051 was generated by DAO. Workspace The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'C:\Users\Matthew14\Desktop\Logs\Aurora\Stevefire. mdb'.  It is already opened- exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.  Please report to hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php/board,11. 0. html"
What I think it's try to say is that stevefire is already running, and so the game can't start.  I am not tech savvy, so I would like another opinion or instruction on how to deal with this.  Sorry about the inconvenience if this is just a simple fix.  (p. s. -I'm running a windows10 computer. )
Sounds you suddenly don't have enough rights to access the files
Or this: When you start the game the initial screen with game settings doesn't show as a window on the bar for me on Ubuntu. So often I manage to start the game, switch to other app, wonder where did Aurora go, start another one... though I don't get such errors in such case but that part could be Windows may be less happy in such case.

• Leading Rate
  • p
« Reply #624 on: February 17, 2017, 12:34:00 PM »
No, I don't even get to the main window.  I also forgot to add that when I click "OK" for the error, I get another error that says,
"Error in UpdateGameLog- Error 91 was generated by Aurora Object variable or With block variable not set Please report to hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php/board,11. 0. html"
With this error, I cannot close it unless I go to task manager and tell it to end the program.  And this time, I have absolutely no idea what it is saying.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #625 on: February 17, 2017, 12:43:07 PM »
No, I don't even get to the main window.  I also forgot to add that when I click "OK" for the error, I get another error that says,
"Error in UpdateGameLog- Error 91 was generated by Aurora Object variable or With block variable not set Please report to hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php/board,11. 0. html"
With this error, I cannot close it unless I go to task manager and tell it to end the program.  And this time, I have absolutely no idea what it is saying.

Make sure there is a \Logs directory off of the root of your install drive.

• Leading Rate
  • p
« Reply #626 on: February 17, 2017, 12:54:37 PM »
Do you mean starting a new folder called "Logs" and putting Aurora in that file.  If yes, then I already did that, and was what actually got the game up and running.  If no. . .  I'll need instruction(s) because I am terrible when working with computers unless I have instructions.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #627 on: February 17, 2017, 01:08:58 PM »
Do you mean starting a new folder called "Logs" and putting Aurora in that file.  If yes, then I already did that, and was what actually got the game up and running.  If no. . .  I'll need instruction(s) because I am terrible when working with computers unless I have instructions.

If you installed to C:\Aurora, then make sure there is a directory called C:\Logs. That's it.

• Leading Rate
  • p
« Reply #628 on: February 17, 2017, 02:25:46 PM »
a directory called "logs" or "C:\Logs".  And is the aurora file inside the logs directory or the other way around? I'm sorry if I'm confusing you.   :-\

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #629 on: February 18, 2017, 09:29:42 AM »
a directory called "logs" or "C:\Logs".  And is the aurora file inside the logs directory or the other way around? I'm sorry if I'm confusing you.   :-\

Open windows explorer.  Go to my "C:" in "Computer".  Right click in the screen and choose new-->folder.  Rename the new folder to "Logs".  Leave the Aurora file where it is.

John

PS - In the future, until you're familiar with the game, it's probably a good idea to post issues like this (where there's a good chance that the problem is a lack of understanding than an actual bug) in "The Academy".  Steve uses the Bugs thread as a "filing cabinet", so it's nice to keep the number of false positives down.  For more info, please see "Where should I post", stickied in the FAQ section.  Have fun!!!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 09:32:44 AM by sloanjh »