Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 210307 times)

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #675 on: May 03, 2017, 07:05:14 AM »
It's just been pointed out to me that the default construction cycle time of 400,000 is 4.62 days.  Perhaps it might be a good idea to set it to 432,000 so it equals 5 days.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #676 on: May 03, 2017, 08:41:33 PM »
It's just been pointed out to me that the default construction cycle time of 400,000 is 4.62 days.  Perhaps it might be a good idea to set it to 432,000 so it equals 5 days.

for anyone that wants to, you can easily change this manually in the game info screen (ctrl-I) for existing games.
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline derekm67

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • d
« Reply #677 on: May 04, 2017, 11:29:34 AM »
I hope I am doing this right as I am knew.  Two things I have noticed. 

1.  In one of my games, I dropped marines on an enemy ship and took it over.  However, the game still marked the ship as an enemy ship and no matter what I did would not switch the ship as otherwise though marked in my owner ship.  Had to quit the game as from then on the game was not playable do to eternal 5 sec increments.

2.  Built a really large orbital habitat as a way to have population to build underground infrastructure on a low gravity moon.  Was successful, however, later kept getting messages that the orbital habitat was over crowed and suffering maintenance failures as a result.  That despite the population limit on the moon was beyond the actual population.  Is that right for the habitat to become overcrowded? I thought that since the habitat was part of the moon itself and its population pool once the habitat had reached its limit any extra population would just go to the moon itself for which it was part of.  When you look in the screen shot it showed that there was no population growth upon the habitat itself yet in practice that was not actually so.  Subsequently I discontinued use of such habitats.   

Offline Hoogma

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • H
« Reply #678 on: May 04, 2017, 02:50:56 PM »
When i try to open ship list i get;

Error in lstShip
Error 30006 was generated by MSFlexGrid
Unable to Allocate Memory For FlexGrid

If I click OK it switches to;

Error 30010 was generated by MSFlexGrid
Invalid Column Value

Offline Michael Sandy

• Commodore
  • M
« Reply #679 on: May 06, 2017, 04:59:53 PM »
So I had a scientist assigned, and removed his lab, so he had zero labs.  Imagine my surprise when, after YEARS of no skill ups while assigned to a lab, he got a skill up when he was assigned zero labs.

Imagine how good scientists we could have if we just assigned everybody, you know?

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #680 on: May 10, 2017, 04:57:15 PM »
So I had a scientist assigned, and removed his lab, so he had zero labs.  Imagine my surprise when, after YEARS of no skill ups while assigned to a lab, he got a skill up when he was assigned zero labs.

Imagine how good scientists we could have if we just assigned everybody, you know?
Scientists can skill up while even not doing anything. Not a bug, just RNG.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #681 on: May 22, 2017, 06:14:29 PM »

I seem to be having an issue where, every time i select this save in the game info menu, an error appears. Not sure the full extent.
I think it might have something to do with me enabling "NPRs activate non-NPRs" option in game generation.
It appears to have vanished, now, and whenever i try to re-enable it and save, the option reverts itself the moment i scroll away and back to this save.

Offline Michael Sandy

• Commodore
  • M
« Reply #682 on: May 23, 2017, 07:51:09 PM »
Shortly after towing some civilian Sorium Harvesters, I began getting
Error in ExecuteOrders     pop ups
Error 5 was generated by Aurora
Invalid procedure call or argument

I don't know if there is a connection or not.  It is about 10 pop ups and then the turn seems to process okay.

Offline Michael Sandy

• Commodore
  • M
« Reply #683 on: May 23, 2017, 08:09:28 PM »
Hunh.  There is also a possibility that I got that message for giving an order to follow a population contact that moved out of sensor range.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #684 on: June 02, 2017, 01:53:34 AM »
Odd one. I remember having this bug a while back, but I've been getting it now, so might as well report it.

Every time a task group of mine completes it's orders, for some inane reason, it repeats the message an absolute ridiculous amount.

This seems to be affecting TGs with little rhyme or reason, and hasn't affected ships that I've put to actually loop their orders.
To clarify, this is just a specific 1 ship task group in this screenshot, which shares no names with any other task groups, and of this kind I only run a few anyway. It is very strange, and might be a bit frustrating having to filter out "orders complete" as I will likewise then miss pace with a lot of my fleet operations.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #685 on: June 03, 2017, 01:06:00 PM »
Even log->Ruins exploited: typo
"...which may be recovered by an construction brigade"

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #686 on: June 03, 2017, 07:08:10 PM »
If you tell a TG to land and without selecting other TG you move the time, it lands and you get "currently selected fleet does not exist" warning.
If you then try to use a template for now-empty TG the game shows "Run time error 3201: you cannot add or change record because related record is needed in Fleet" error and crashes.

Interestingly this happens only for using a order template. When you add the command directly via the left list of commands, the warning is shown in other style and 7 times but the crash doesn't happen.

Offline obsidian_green

• Lieutenant
  • o
« Reply #687 on: June 06, 2017, 10:13:13 PM »
Code: [Select]
Error 30009 was generated by MSFlexGrid
Invalid Row value

Found only one previous reference in forum search and did not see a resolution/explanation, so I'll add this report.   Sorry if it's there and I missed while skimming for it. 

Appears in the "Commanders" interface when clicking on (in my case) naval officers to review their service history.   Error only seems to effect some officers, some of which will not repeat the error if I click on the next officer down in the list, then re-click the previous officer.   Error, in my case, effects the top admiral, who does not benefit from re-clicking after clicking the next (working) officer down in the list.

EDIT: Searched more than this thread and discovered this is an old bug reported in previous versions.  Can confirm bug is still present in 7. 10.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 10:18:07 PM by obsidian_green »

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #688 on: June 10, 2017, 02:56:45 AM »
    Fleet messages are not stored properly.
    • If you save a list of orders into template, orders to send a message will be kept but the messages themselves will be deleted.
    • If you repeat a list of orders with multiple orders to send a message, only the original orders to send a message will be properly send. For A, B and C different messages and where _ is message shown without any text:
      • (all at Luna) both "A,A,A,B; repeat 2x" and "A; repeat 2x; B; repeat 2x" lead to "3x A,B, 8x" [sic] instead of "A,A,A,B,A,A,A,B,A,A,A,B" (9x A, 3x B)
      • (alternating Luna-Earth-Luna) "A,B,C; repeat 1x"  leads to "A,B,C,_,_,_" instead of "A,B,C,A,B,C"
    Any other orders among those for sending a message doesn't seem to have any effect on this behaviour. There may be some differences between multiple orders to send a message at the same body one after another and such orders at different bodies but I didn't catch the rules there with my few experiments.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 02:58:43 AM by Detros »

The following users thanked this post: iceball3

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #689 on: June 11, 2017, 07:39:16 PM »
When designing a ship, you are supposed to be unable to add more than one spinal weapon.  But if you have advanced spinal mounts researched, you can add one weapon using advanced spinal mounting AND one using regular spinal mounting, which I do not believe is intended.