Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 210455 times)

Offline vartain

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • v
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #150 on: January 31, 2016, 02:37:15 PM »
Don't know if this is a bug proper or some sort of database corruption.    Since the last few game years every ten days or so a new earth colony will appear in my home system, exactly where earth is, without any infrastructure or installations but with slowly growing population, they can be abandoned without affecting the main colony but there seems to be no way of stopping them from appearing.   

« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 02:38:46 PM by vartain »

Offline jem

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • j
« Reply #151 on: January 31, 2016, 02:44:24 PM »
I have a tendency to give long order chains to things like freighters and would occasionally get an error message that a fleet could not complete orders. Orders that made no sense whatsoever. Now I thought that it was just me messing up royally until I saw this: http://imgur.com/a/qyeLL

That is a ship given a lot of orders to pick up life pods suddenly speeding off to jump to another system because the jump order has suddenly jumped to the top of the order queue

Offline Havan_IronOak

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #152 on: January 31, 2016, 11:31:22 PM »
Forgive a newbie if I shouldn't be reporting this type of bug here but...

Downloaded the base game and installed it.
Added the 7.1 patch

I've played the game for a couple hours and I just clicked on the "sun" icon (system view)
I was given a pop-up window saying that there had been a 713 error and that msstdfmt.dll is needed on my machine.

Tried rebooting my windows 8.1 system and checked again. Same error.

I'm pretty sure that this was working earlier.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 11:48:47 PM by Havan_IronOak »
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Offline Lordbane

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • L
« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2016, 03:10:40 AM »
I have a saved game that on the Game Details screen, if I select that game I get the error:

Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow

It doesn't do this with other saved games, and the game does still load fine.  Not sure what caused it to start happening.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2016, 09:21:49 AM »
Forgive a newbie if I shouldn't be reporting this type of bug here but...

Downloaded the base game and installed it.
Added the 7.1 patch

I've played the game for a couple hours and I just clicked on the "sun" icon (system view)
I was given a pop-up window saying that there had been a 713 error and that msstdfmt.dll is needed on my machine.

Tried rebooting my windows 8.1 system and checked again. Same error. .
I'm pretty sure that this was working earlier..
It's uh, a missing DLL error. There's been talk around the forum about it before, try searching for "msstdfmt.dll" and there might be some info.

Offline Syntax Error

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
« Reply #155 on: February 01, 2016, 09:49:24 PM »
Not sure if this has been reported yet but. . .

I made a new task group of military ships but accidentally left them in my Shipyard TG.   I then promptly started then on task force training and they started flying all over the system and gaining skill.   After a few weeks, I noticed they were still in the shipyard TG and moved them to their own TG.   The problem was that every new ship I made was then being spat out at the last point that TG was at before I split them into their own TG, my shipyards was out in the middle of nowhere somehow accessing the minerals from Earth.

I'm still a very young Aurora 4x n00b and am now realising that I probably could have just made a tug and towed the shipyards back to Earth but instead I just canned the game and started over.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #156 on: February 02, 2016, 06:22:39 AM »
That is a feature, you shouldn't really take the Shipyard TG anywhere but it really isn't as big of a deal as you think. You could have just set another TG as the place for new ships to spawn in.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Euphienator

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • E
« Reply #157 on: February 02, 2016, 09:37:16 AM »
New player here (only two months or so), didn't see any mention of these specific bugs, so here they go:

1.   Selecting my game pops a Error in cboGame - Overflow.   Still able to select, start and play the game normally. 

2.   Attempting to duplicate a 1mt station class caused an error and the station didn't duplicate, didn't think much about it at the time so didn't record it.  Tried to duplicate it now - attempting to copy design of a 1mt station causes an Error in cmdCopy_Click - Error 3163 in DAO.  Field field is to small to accept the amount of data.   

After that, opening the class design window started causing 2 errors that repeat several times, after which the class design screen works without any (noticeable) bugs. 

The errors are: Error in PopulateClassList - Invalid use of Null and  Invalid property array index. 

3.   When tried to tug my first terraforming station into place, detaching the station over Venus made the station TG glitch out into the warp: the station appears in the ship list without a task group (blank field), the TG itself does not appear in the TG drop down, ticking  tasks groups in destination options displays all the normal TGs plus a blank field at the top. 

Any action that displays TGs causes various errors:

a.   Switching to Sol system pops a Error in DisplayFleets - Invalid use of Null, Error in ShowFleetList - Type mismatch (generated by TreeCtrl)
b.   TG windows pops PopulateFleetList invalid array index, invalid use of null, cboFleets invalid null
c.   In general, anything to do with TG pops some combination of the above errors. 

The station does terraform Venus, though. 

The third bug is the game breaking one, as the other errors don't really happen all that much.   The terraform station TG causes these error popup in Task Group screen whenever the target destination list includes TG's in sol, so almost all the time, and in any screen refresh in Sol (zooming or panning or anything else), together making the game unplayable. 

Deleting the Terraforming Station from the ship list fixed this (guess that also deleted the ghost task group), but I dont know yet if this will keep happening to all my stations/ships when they detach from their tug, and I was kinda hoping to build lots of them so thats a real shame  :-\   

EDIT: Build a second terraformer station, when detached from a tug threw the Error in DetachShipType - Error 3163 in DAO.  Field field is to small to accept the amount of data".  Will try with a smaller station next time.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 10:20:37 AM by Euphienator »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #158 on: February 02, 2016, 02:20:29 PM »
For some reason, my racial flag is not appearing on the galactic map.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #159 on: February 02, 2016, 02:52:00 PM »
There are some inconsistencies in the Wealth tab. Specifically the racial annual wealth and per capita incomes. Or in my brain. One of the two.

Example. Annual Racial Wealth is 40761. Racial Per Capita income is 24. Population Per Capita income is 35.28. This is Earth
Mars has population per capita of 25.2
Nova Terra has a per capita of 25.2
New Andes is 28.98.

So it is my thinking that the racial per capita should not be lower than any of the constituent population per capitas.

Now the looking at the wealth, the monthly income is 3756.7. Best not to speak of the current expenditures. Multiplying that out gives me a annual income of 45080.4.

Now when I show the "Last Year" option, wealth jumps to 46203.2 Still not right according to the main display.

Offline Cornuthaum

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
« Reply #160 on: February 02, 2016, 04:18:07 PM »
After I got stupendously lucky with ruins (Deserted Intact Cities!) and even luckier when some other ruins coughed up Advanced Lasers, I was hugely sad to learn that low-calibre Advanced Lasers are broken - it looks like the calculations reference the wrong fields because instead of a 10cm advanced laser that does 4 damage I get a 4cm advanced laser that does 0 damage :(

A cursory search of the forum reveals this problem has been encountered by other people.

Offline nafaho7

• Chief Petty Officer
  • n
« Reply #161 on: February 02, 2016, 05:38:25 PM »
When using Reduced Height Windows, there is a missing piece to the Event Updates Window.  Specifically, when viewing the Event Updates -> Filter Events screen, the lowest part of the window is rendered outside of the visible window.  Not that the window spawns to low on the monitor, but the bottom of the scroll bar is not actually visible inside the window.  Neither are the last several filter options.  This is consistent across games, and even versions.  The length of the game has no apparent impact on this error.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #162 on: February 02, 2016, 06:06:08 PM »
When using Reduced Height Windows, there is a missing piece to the Event Updates Window.  Specifically, when viewing the Event Updates -> Filter Events screen, the lowest part of the window is rendered outside of the visible window.  Not that the window spawns to low on the monitor, but the bottom of the scroll bar is not actually visible inside the window.  Neither are the last several filter options.  This is consistent across games, and even versions.  The length of the game has no apparent impact on this error.

Did you try to reset window positions?

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #163 on: February 02, 2016, 07:58:48 PM »
Did you try to reset window positions?
On reduced height for laptops, the screen still isn't big enough for the some of the windows so they will have things cut off on the bottom of many windows(using myself as an example). And trying to move them up is not possible as it doesn't like having the windows bar above the screen (it resets it to previous position when you try). So when accessing the options, you have to randomly click to get what you need a lot of times.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 08:00:29 PM by 83athom »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline jem

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • j
« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2016, 11:42:39 AM »
The latest in the series of "Please fix the autofire code".

So autofire will not assign fire orders to an fc that is in the first position (here assuming that the game orders them from top to bottom) meaning that I right now have a bb filled with guns that will only fire the pd weapons upon enemy ships while on autofire. Even better is that autofire correctly identifies those guns as pd weapons and puts them into pd mode but then gives them targets and fire orders while the other weapons just sit there prettily....

The order of fc seems to be reverse order of when you put them in (coming to think of it, this might mean that the game orders them from bottom to top and only assigns to the first one) and there is no way to change this after the bloody ship is built...

Yet again, please make autofire and option for individual fc instead of the ship as a whole.