Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 213930 times)

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #165 on: February 04, 2016, 12:02:35 PM »
I have set is as a .  but my country's is a comma
Which is nice for your country but unfortunately your Database uses . as it's decimal separator and does not care what your nation uses.
I think you can change that in the database settings but doing so will probably break a lot of other things, so to run Aurora change the decimal separator setting for your computer

Offline Havan_IronOak

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread - Trivial message error
« Reply #166 on: February 04, 2016, 01:43:27 PM »
Trivial error but the base message for skill improvement is a bit sexist eg. "Through Training or Experience Civil Administrator Brittany Glasco has increased his administrative Rating to 4"

Perhaps a better wording would be "Through Training or Experience Civil Administrator Brittany Glasco has an improved Administrative Rating of 4"

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread - Trivial message error
« Reply #167 on: February 04, 2016, 02:04:33 PM »
Trivial error but the base message for skill improvement is a bit sexist eg. "Through Training or Experience Civil Administrator Brittany Glasco has increased his administrative Rating to 4"

Perhaps a better wording would be "Through Training or Experience Civil Administrator Brittany Glasco has an improved Administrative Rating of 4"
While there is a gender column in the names table, there is no code to support it. All 3rd person references are masculine.

Offline Havan_IronOak

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #168 on: February 05, 2016, 02:26:45 AM »
Version 7.1

I'm using the Personnel Window to scroll through my naval staff with survey abilities in order to get an idea how many are involved in my many many ground based Geo-Survey teams.
(They're NOT listed in the potential assignments window) Kinda wish they were, but I can see the reasoning behind why they're not.

In the rightmost box I list guys with survey skill (I have the box for showing available only unchecked)
I left click on the top guy and then use the down arrow key on my keyboard counting as I go in order to see just how many 5 man teams I have active.

When I try to arrow down through the list I get as far as 34 and then...

Error 30009 was generated by MSFlexGrid
Invalid Row value

btw... I have 40 guys in 8 teams making the universe unsafe for minerals everywhere.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Offline nafaho7

• Chief Petty Officer
  • n
« Reply #169 on: February 05, 2016, 02:38:16 PM »
Did you try to reset window positions?

I have tried resetting the window positions, and it does not appear to correct the issue.  It is not so much a question of the position of the Frame as much as it is an issue with how large the Panel is that the Frame is supposed to encompass.  The Frame has been modified to handle Reduced Height Windows mode, but the Panel of information has not.  This is specifically the menu for Events Filtering, not the Events Log itself.

Offline GDS

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • G
« Reply #170 on: February 05, 2016, 04:28:40 PM »
Hi im getting a error 94 on my carrier.
i get 2 of them on any turn progression and if i go to the fleet they are in i get another set of them.  i got it as soon as it was built. . .  i had tried to hunt the issue down in the Db but screwed my game up totally so had to recreate it in a new game with a little cheating just to see if it was related to that ship or any ship i built as a carrier

this is the rebuild
Code: [Select]
Tiamatt class Carrier 199950 tons     2984 Crew     66272.5 BP      TCS 3999  TH 20000  EM 4500
5001 km/s    JR 3-250     Armour 10-304     Shields 150-300     Sensors 550/1/0/0     Damage Control 50     PPV 84.92
Annual Failure Rate: 2629%    IFR: 36.5%    Maintenance Capacity 5143 MSP
Flag Bridge    Parasite Capacity 50000 tons     Flight Crew Berths 247   
Fuel Harvester: 10 modules producing 480000 litres per annum
Maintenance Modules: 4 module(s) capable of supporting ships of 800 tons

200t) Military Jump Drive     Max Ship Size 200000 tons    Distance 250k km     Squadron Size 3
Drack Research Inc 2500 EP Commercial Photonic Drive (8)    Power 2500    Fuel Use 0.88%    Armour 0    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 25 000 000 Litres    Range 2557.3 billion km   (5918 days at full power)
Burtt Syndicate Omega R300/360 Shields (10)   Total Fuel Cost  3 600 Litres per day

Burtt Syndicate 50cm Railgun V9/C25 (2x4)    Range 1 400 000km     TS: 25000 km/s     Power 60-25     RM 9    ROF 15        20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 18
Drack Research Inc CIWS-1000 (6x16)    Range 1000 km     TS: 100000 km/s     ROF 5       Base 50% To Hit
Quad Drack Research Inc Gauss Cannon R6-100 Turret (2x32)    Range 60 000km     TS: 20000 km/s     Power 0-0     RM 6    ROF 5        1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0
Drack Research Inc Fire Control S08 700-100000 H50 (1)    Max Range: 1 400 000 km   TS: 100000 km/s     99 99 98 97 96 96 95 94 94 93
Burtt Syndicate Vacuum Energy Power Plant Technology PB-1.5 (1)     Total Power Output 60     Armour 0    Exp 35%

Burtt Syndicate Thermal Sensor TH50-550 (50%) (1)     Sensitivity 550     Detect Signature 1000: 550m km
Drak Megacorp Active Search Sensor MR339-R2 (50%) Planet (1)     GPS 6000     Range 339.4m km     Resolution 2
Drak Megacorp Active Search Sensor MR6-R2 (50%) FTR (1)     GPS 120     Range 6.8m km     Resolution 2

ECCM-2 (1)         This design is classed as a military vessel for maintenance purposes

Its meant to be a FAC 1000t carrier self contained for solo exploration of systems any rate i notice that as soon as it built it freaks out and tosses the error 94 on any time progression also the problem seems to multiply if you add any ship to its TG the error was directly related to the TG it was in and not the ship its self as i was able to view the ship with the ship icon the warbird.  but if you go to TG it tosses the error again.

I some how just managed to fix the error by moving the carrier and one of its loaded fac back to a default tg look at it and move it back to its old tg confused look here lol

Offline Binnister

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • B
« Reply #171 on: February 06, 2016, 01:10:06 AM »
I'm having a Error 94 Invalid use of Null (in a popup box labelled 'Error in LoadOrders'. 

I believe this happened right after there was a failed pickup by the civilian fleet (which.  .  .  isn't unusual.    It's happened before in my game, and it's gone on with no problem). 

However, now, each time I progress the game, I gives the error.    Additionally, the number of popups increases (it started out at 1-2 popups.  .  .  now it's up to 15 popups that I need to click through). 

At the end of all the popups, there is one final popup:  Error 3201 was generated by DAO.  field.    No current record  Once I click 'OK' on that, the turn progress as normal. 

However, with the number of popups increasing, it's almost becoming unplayable.    Any suggestions on how to fix this?

***Unusual Solution:  The problem was actually with on of my Taskforce being 'stuck'. . . . and was unable to finish the last step in its instructions.   I ended up clearing the list, send it to a nearby planet, and then gave it the final instruction on it's previous list (i. e 'Refuel at Colony' .   Once that happened, there were no more errors of any kind

« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 01:23:34 AM by Binnister »

Offline jem

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • j
« Reply #172 on: February 06, 2016, 12:14:59 PM »
Here is a relatively minor one. If I shoot a missile at something and it damages magazines/power cores/engines ins such a way so that they blow up, I get a report in the log about it. If I shoot it with a laser I don't get said report. And yes I know that they happen since the event shows up in the contact list.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #173 on: February 06, 2016, 07:08:42 PM »
I accidently build underground structures on Earth to ship them to another body - only to find out that it does not work that way.  So I decided to SM them away to the destination planet but changing the value (and saving them) does not affect anything.  The values return to their former state.  Somehow SM Mode does not allow to change the numbers of underground infrastructure.

Offline Thineboot

• Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #174 on: February 06, 2016, 07:56:49 PM »
After over 4 years Error 713 is still not solved.
At least for Windows 7 Pro x64 "MSSTDFMT.DLL" is missing after fresh AuroraInstall554 + Aurora710.

Simple solution:
  • download from Microsoft this tool for Exchange 2000, that incidentally is a VB6 program redistributed with msstdfmt.dll
  • extract its contents to a folder of your choice; no need to run it, just use 7-Zip, WinRAR, whatever you have available
  • open a command prompt (cmd.exe) with administrator privileges
x86 (32 bit OS)
@1.: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=12972
@2.: copy msstdfmt.dll to c:\windows\system32
@3.: regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\msstdfmt.dll
x64 (64 bit OS)
@1.: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=12972
@2.: copy msstdfmt.dll to c:\windows\syswow64
@3.: regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\msstdfmt.dll

Or just include MSSTDFMT.DLL in next AuroraInstall___

btw: tested without leaving Aurora, worked as intended.

p. s. : for some reason bbc "url" isn't working as expected.  maybe because it's my first post? Or it's the preview? Anyway, had to get rid of the link to the original post.  And there's an additional space after each ". ". . .
Edit: after tenth post I it seems to work as expected ...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 10:46:11 AM by Thineboot »

The following users thanked this post: Havan_IronOak

Offline Thineboot

• Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #175 on: February 06, 2016, 10:39:11 PM »
Version 7. 1

I'm using the Personnel Window [. . . ] survey skill [. . . ]

I've added the jpg hoping it will not also be scrambled. . .
I'm really curious what's happening with various bbc-tags and dots and. . .

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Ellis is the one in charge.

(I've seen links thus it must have something to do with the default setting.  After dot/colon a space is appended and the internet protocol seems to be a "frakking" word. . .  yeah, it's not pumping fluids into the earth but into someone you hopefully love ;) Please let me know what I have to change in the default setting. )
Edit: 10th posting update
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 10:48:46 AM by Thineboot »

Offline Havan_IronOak

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #176 on: February 06, 2016, 11:54:52 PM »
That seems like a variant of 1 I reported too.  #168  Yesterday at 02:26:45 AM »

Offline Sematary

• Commodore
« Reply #177 on: February 07, 2016, 01:04:28 AM »
I accidently build underground structures on Earth to ship them to another body - only to find out that it does not work that way.  So I decided to SM them away to the destination planet but changing the value (and saving them) does not affect anything.  The values return to their former state.  Somehow SM Mode does not allow to change the numbers of underground infrastructure.
Did you remember to hit save before closing the window? That's a common oversight that I find myself doing more than I care to admit.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #178 on: February 07, 2016, 10:15:15 AM »
Don't know if this is bug but it bugged me and caused me to have to return to a previous save :-

I found a planet with a ruined city on it which I put a ban on before sending Xenologists and Construction Battalion to find artifacts. All was Ok whilst Construction Factories and Mines etc were found - my own civilian freighters removed the items to my Home world. However the problem arose when 315 Infrastructure was found. Before I knew it and could remove all the infrastructure , civilian ships had dumped colonists on the planet even though there was a ban in place - a planet which I never wished to colonize.

Is this a bug - should civilian ships have adhered to the ban. Steve - can you modify the rules so that even if Infrastructure is available on a Planet , civilian ships do not colonize at will.

DavidR

Offline Gabethebaldandbold

• last member of the noob swarm
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #179 on: February 07, 2016, 11:12:48 AM »
Quote from: Andrew link=topic=8144. msg85859#msg85859 date=1454608955
Which is nice for your country but unfortunately your Database uses .  as it's decimal separator and does not care what your nation uses.
I think you can change that in the database settings but doing so will probably break a lot of other things, so to run Aurora change the decimal separator setting for your computer
the problem not that the game wont run, it does run, but the display of minerals is bugged and only shows the first numbers until the decimal separator, and i cannot play if i don't know how many minerals I have
To beam, or not to beam.   That is the question
the answer is you beam. and you better beam hard.