Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 215431 times)

Offline doroboNeko

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • d
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #390 on: April 12, 2016, 08:11:25 PM »
Hi. 
I was trying to refuel a tanker in the "ships>misc>manual transfer (pop)" menu and i didn't know why it was not working.  so i entered a large NEGATIVE number, i. e -99999999, and it went overflow.  oops.  i tried deleting the tanker and creating a new one but it didn't work.  I think it messed with some values in the planet or some number that I can't edit.  so now every time I try to use the fleet order "Load/Unload Fuel (To Set Level)" it gives me an overflow error 6.  I would be glad if this was fixed so it will not happen to anyone else and I would be even more happy if I could fix this in my save.  Any way i could fix the overflowing value?

P. S.  I searched for any related bug with "overflow" and "fuel" i couldn't find any.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #391 on: April 12, 2016, 08:19:24 PM »
Hi. 
I was trying to refuel a tanker in the "ships>misc>manual transfer (pop)" menu and i didn't know why it was not working.  so i entered a large NEGATIVE number, i. e -99999999, and it went overflow.  oops.  i tried deleting the tanker and creating a new one but it didn't work.  I think it messed with some values in the planet or some number that I can't edit.  so now every time I try to use the fleet order "Load/Unload Fuel (To Set Level)" it gives me an overflow error 6.  I would be glad if this was fixed so it will not happen to anyone else and I would be even more happy if I could fix this in my save.  Any way i could fix the overflowing value?

P. S.  I searched for any related bug with "overflow" and "fuel" i couldn't find any.
You pressed the wrong button to transfer fuel between ship and colony, try the other one. Also, you could just issue the order "Refuel at colony". If you are using this for a fuel harvester, if you set the design as a tanker it gets additional orders to do with fuel ("unload 90% of fuel at colony", etc). And to use the "To set level" command, you need to set a reserve level.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 08:44:10 AM by 83athom »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline El Pip

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #392 on: April 13, 2016, 08:28:42 AM »
Higher Fighter Ops bonus makes fighters reload slower.

Fighter with a notional 2250 second reload time landed on a carrier. From the moment the fighter landed the reload time started to increase. The Task Force Commander had a 5% Fighter Ops bonus, the Fighter Ops officer had a 35% bonus. Overall 36.69%. Commander of the Carrier had a 60% Fighter Ops Bonus.

On a 5 second increment, the time to reload would increase by 1 second (i.e. from 2250 to 2251)

When the Task Force HQ was moved out of system, so it's bonuses no longer applied, the reload time did decrease, but not as fast as time. For a 5 second increment the reload time would only decrease 2 seconds.

When the Carrier commander was replaced by a 0% fighter ops bonus officer (but Task Force HQ was in system) the decrease got better. In a 5 second increment I saw a 3 second reduction in reload time.

Only when I replaced the Carrier commander with a 0% fighter ops bonus and moved Task Force HQ out of system did I see the reload time decrease matching the increment length.

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #393 on: April 13, 2016, 09:17:44 AM »
Multi-tow does not seen to set the max speed correctly.

E.g.
Stations with built in tractor beams.
Give order for tow taskforce (with tractors) to tow one station, speed is X.
Give order for tow taskforce (with tractors) to tow second station, speed is still X.

If all vessels in a taskforce are linked together with tractor beams would expect the speed to be the same as a single ship with the same total EnginePower of taskforce and mass of sum of the taskforce.
The algorithm isn't 'mix all ships together'.  Instead, each tug tractors one thing, and the overall speed is based on the slowest tug+payload combination.  So this isn't a bug.  Speed X is the speed of tug 1+station 1, and I guess that tug 2+station 2 is faster than that.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline drayath

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #394 on: April 13, 2016, 09:34:43 AM »
The algorithm isn't 'mix all ships together'.  Instead, each tug tractors one thing, and the overall speed is based on the slowest tug+payload combination.  So this isn't a bug.  Speed X is the speed of tug 1+station 1, and I guess that tug 2+station 2 is faster than that.

At the moment though you can have
1xTug (with tractor beam, 8k speed)
2xStation (with tractor beam, 1 speed)

Order:
Tug tow station A (TF: 1xtug, 1xstation, speed=1.2k)
Tug tow station B (TF: 1xtug, 2xstation, speed still=1.2k) [From memory tug is linked to one station(A), station(B) is then linked to either tug or station(A)]

I believe it is the fact that all my stations have tractor beams attached (so can use any ship to tow them if required) that causes the issue. Have one example where 2xTugs are towing 12xstations at the same speed they would tow 2, where as i expected them to move slowly (e.g. Like a Train with links like Tug A->Station1->Station2->etc. Tug B->Station 6->Station 7->etc). And if the rule you mentioned is how it is meant to work TF would have 1kms speed as not enough Tugs with engines.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 09:36:31 AM by drayath »

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #395 on: April 13, 2016, 11:31:27 AM »
It is a confirmed bug (and reported already a while ago) that it currently does not add together the mass of ALL linked ships, only the "top" two (the tug and the ship it is linked to). So if you want, you could have a 5000 ton ship towing a 1000 ton ship that then is towing multi-millions of tons of other things and it will travel as fast as a 6000 ton ship.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline steelyeyed

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
« Reply #396 on: April 14, 2016, 02:08:14 PM »
Refueling bug?
2 salvage ships in a sector far far away. . .  4 jumps from Earth.   Sent a fleet of 10 Tankers to refuel them, each tanker holding 75,000,000 fuel ( Got lazy, didn't want to split the fleet).   Salvage ships ran out of fuel, so I'm down to 2 minute time jumps.   Watch my tankers approach. . .  3.   2. .   1. . .   Then instead of refueling, the distance jumps to 33 billion miles and 200 days.   Patiently clicked through this. . ( My wife is away, so I have no life. . )  3. 2. 1.     then back to 33 billion miles away.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #397 on: April 17, 2016, 05:19:19 PM »

Rest of the Earth is a neutral faction with no research labs or anything. No idea how this happened or how its possible.

Offline xXKageAsashinXx

• Scrublord
  • Petty Officer
  • Shameful dispray!
« Reply #398 on: April 21, 2016, 10:13:11 PM »
I searched all the recent bug threads (as in, I was careful not to look into a 3+ year old thread), albeit not all of them I read every single page, and I couldn't find this one.   Also, literally read every post in this thread just to make sure. 

I can't assign anybody that's not a ground officer, no matter the job or position.   Got a team that needs refilling, gotta disband the old on and remake it.   Got a sector that needs governing, a system, a planet, or a task force that needs commanding, or offices that need staffing, too bad you're gonna have to go without them.   It's annoyed me ever since I first started, but I've gone through nearly 500 accumulative years ignoring it cause I tend to play games that don't work properly due to me being on a toaster.

Currently running the game on good ol' Windows XP.

On a side note, Sol refuses to open in the System Information window.   It doesn't affect any other system but Sol where if I press F9 the game crashes.   There's one more bug for me, but I haven't finished my recon of the forum for this particular fix yet so I'll just say that the handy wrapper for the latest aurora gives me.  .  . 
Code: [Select]
Aurora_Wrapper.exe - Entry Point Not Found
        The procedure entry point GetFinalPathNameByHandleW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.
.  .  .   after multiple installations. 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:16:04 PM by xXKageAsashinXx »

That moment when you see the alien force, and realize it's bigger than yours.  

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #399 on: April 22, 2016, 10:37:53 AM »
I searched all the recent bug threads (as in, I was careful not to look into a 3+ year old thread), albeit not all of them I read every single page, and I couldn't find this one.   Also, literally read every post in this thread just to make sure. 

I can't assign anybody that's not a ground officer, no matter the job or position.   Got a team that needs refilling, gotta disband the old on and remake it.   Got a sector that needs governing, a system, a planet, or a task force that needs commanding, or offices that need staffing, too bad you're gonna have to go without them.   It's annoyed me ever since I first started, but I've gone through nearly 500 accumulative years ignoring it cause I tend to play games that don't work properly due to me being on a toaster.

Currently running the game on good ol' Windows XP.

On a side note, Sol refuses to open in the System Information window.   It doesn't affect any other system but Sol where if I press F9 the game crashes.   There's one more bug for me, but I haven't finished my recon of the forum for this particular fix yet so I'll just say that the handy wrapper for the latest aurora gives me.  .  . 
Code: [Select]
Aurora_Wrapper.exe - Entry Point Not Found
        The procedure entry point GetFinalPathNameByHandleW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.
.  .  .   after multiple installations.

Just a devil's advocate here, but can you replicate the first bug if you do not use the wrapper?

Offline rorror

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
« Reply #400 on: April 22, 2016, 01:33:50 PM »
I have accidently build a Brouwer Small F6, beause it was the same class size as a ship i builded, and is sorted at the top of the Task Type Construction drop down.

Now when i select Task Type Scrap, it is not showing up the list, so its not possible to scrap the ship.

Offline xXKageAsashinXx

• Scrublord
  • Petty Officer
  • Shameful dispray!
« Reply #401 on: April 22, 2016, 04:41:22 PM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=8144. msg90114#msg90114 date=1461339473
Just a devil's advocate here, but can you replicate the first bug if you do not use the wrapper?
It's impossible for me to use the wrapper.  I have to use the base aurora(?) to play the game.  Anytime I click on the wrapper's icon, the error previously mentioned pops up.  Not once has it worked, so yes, I can easily reproduce everything mentioned by not using the wrapper, since it's without it to begin with.

That moment when you see the alien force, and realize it's bigger than yours.  

Offline rorror

• r
« Reply #402 on: April 23, 2016, 05:20:25 AM »
I made a 60000ton tanker.
I have a 60000ton jump ship.

Was able to jump 5 jump points to refuel a fleet.
on the way back, i was unable to jump, my 60000ton tanker changed to 60015ton. (when empty... ??)

Used SM to change back the design to 60000ton.

This happend a few times, also with a jump ship it self.
For example jump ship of 30000k, was able to jump a few jumps, on the way back it was unable to jump, because the size went to 30010 or 300015.

This happens always on the way back. Somehow the design changes. And need to use SM to change it back to the orginal size.

Offline rorror

• r
« Reply #403 on: April 23, 2016, 05:22:31 AM »
When creating a team on a other planet, i get the ERROR 3421 since a few days.
See attachment.

The error is in dutch: Fout bij gegevenstypeconversie, means: Error with datatypeconversion??

The team is still created, and still doing there job.

Offline rorror

• r
« Reply #404 on: April 23, 2016, 07:40:36 AM »
One other bug:

Aurora4x changes the windows font/color of other programs when active to the style of aurora.
So text that is normaly black in other programs, turn to yellow when aurora 4x is active.
When exiting aurora 4x the other programs are back to normal.

Windows 10
For example. Remote Desktop Manager.