Author Topic: Crusade - Part III  (Read 9956 times)

Offline Marski

• Commander
Re: Crusade - Part III
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 05:10:48 PM »
Perhaps commenting on current political opinions is less then helpful as it leads to flame wars and is somewhat OT.
If I was to give an honest opinion of your comment it would be as inflammatory as your somewhat controversial opinion.

If you really had something worthwile to post you would have posted it instead of this impotent excuse.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 06:46:51 PM »
If you really had something worthwile to post you would have posted it instead of this impotent excuse.

Lets call a halt to this now. The Aurora forum is usually the most well mannered on the internet and I would like that to continue.

Steve

Offline ShadoCat

• Commander
    • http://www.assistsolar.com
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 03:24:03 AM »
What - they're going to start conquored?  ;D

ROTFL

Well I definitely hope China is not getting the short end of the stick this time around, it's becoming a gliche with western aurora players as if they hold a grudge against that country for not being warmongering dicks that invade middle-eastern countries for their oil.

Marski, China the nation isn't being made fun of here.  It is just that in Steve's campaigns they have the absolute worst luck.  I don't know for certain but I believe that Steve would set them up in his multi nation starts because he wants to have conflict and that he expects them to be a credible threat to the western powers (that large of a population directed to a purpose can be scary).  It's just that no matter how he sets them up to be an equal threat, something happens that just hoses them.  As Matt pointed out, it has become a running joke in his campaigns for that reason. 

I believe that Steve is both amused by the outcome and determined to make them a credible threat.  Since Steve plays this game for fun, I can't see any other reason for his continuing to include them.

I look forward to seeing what Steve plans are to make China a viable threat.  It will, likely, surprise Steve not at all to know that I am also waiting to see what fate throws at China to dash his plans once again.

Offline MWadwell

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 09:34:22 AM »
Marski, China the nation isn't being made fun of here.  It is just that in Steve's campaigns they have the absolute worst luck.  I don't know for certain but I believe that Steve would set them up in his multi nation starts because he wants to have conflict and that he expects them to be a credible threat to the western powers (that large of a population directed to a purpose can be scary).  It's just that no matter how he sets them up to be an equal threat, something happens that just hoses them.  As Matt pointed out, it has become a running joke in his campaigns for that reason. 

To be honest, I don't think it's got anything to do with China - more that the second and third nation to reach space are always disadvantaged by having the best real estate already taken - and the easiest way to fix that is to have the second nation try and consume the third.....
Later,
Matt

Offline ShadoCat

• Commander
    • http://www.assistsolar.com
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 09:26:54 PM »
To be honest, I don't think it's got anything to do with China - more that the second and third nation to reach space are always disadvantaged by having the best real estate already taken - and the easiest way to fix that is to have the second nation try and consume the third.....
That too.

They also tend to have very bad luck.

Though the way the current space race is turning out, China might be the first one out the gate (unless out small launch capability gets going).