Author Topic: Portable release - comments  (Read 48027 times)

Offline Frick

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
Re: Portable release - comments
« Reply #210 on: June 03, 2016, 08:53:30 AM »
Any way to disable full screen picture? I play from work and the boss asks the questions - what have you got for a pretty space picture? Even though I play in between jobs, but the boss does not approve of this.

AcidWeb will make it an option in next release. I don't know how far away 7.2 is (or 7.1x).

Offline seronis

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #211 on: June 07, 2016, 09:44:07 AM »
The next release is gonna be C# Aurora which will be a year away. You can open up taskmanager and kill the wrapper after launching aurora so the background image obviously isnt essential to anything happening. There really isnt any excuse why its not configurable.

Offline AcidWeb

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #212 on: June 07, 2016, 09:46:55 AM »
If you kill wrapper before ending Aurora all changes make by it will not be reverted on Aurora shutdown.

I already said I will add option to disable background. Stop act like you are entitled to anything. I spend my private time on this project and nobody force you to use it if you don't like it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 09:48:36 AM by AcidWeb »

Offline seronis

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #213 on: June 07, 2016, 09:48:54 AM »
Changes which have no ill effects.  On the other hand the image itself breaks your desktop making it inaccessible.

Honest question:  why does the image even exist?  What was the intended goal in disabling the users desktop while playing?

Offline AcidWeb

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #214 on: June 07, 2016, 09:50:57 AM »
Well if that changes don't have any ill effects on your system then you don't need wrapper at all.

Offline seronis

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #215 on: June 07, 2016, 09:56:38 AM »
Its the only clean installer.  Vanilla install is a hackjob of manually piecing together all the parts to get up to date.  I also like the built in music.  I dont like losing access to my desktop. Many other people have complained about losing access to their desktop too. Yes I personally can launch the aurora.exe without the wrapper and play fine but many people cant.

Offline AcidWeb

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #216 on: June 07, 2016, 09:59:19 AM »
As I already said three times - there will be option to disable background.

The following users thanked this post: ChubbyPitbull, shult12

Offline shult12

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
« Reply #217 on: July 03, 2016, 03:52:44 PM »
I want to use autohotkey to put some windows on top but it doesn't work when launching through the wrapper.

Offline DaMachinator

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #218 on: July 22, 2016, 10:07:08 AM »
I don't know if this was ever made an option but as of the current releases of both portable and full game you can access the desktop with the wrapper running on Windows systems at the very least.

ALT+TAB and START+TAB are wonderful things, and hitting the Start menu key on keyboards that have it still brings up the taskbar with the "Show Desktop" button that still works.

The one thing I have noticed is that many of the other Windows popup boxes are recolored with Aurora's theme (which I don't mind) and all of the text in dropdown menus in Waterfox and LibreOffice becomes the Aurora yellow color (which is really annoying because I can't read the text any more.) These effects stop upon closing Aurora and its wrapper. Usually the wrapper closes when the game exits, but not always.
The maximum speed of any ship or missile with a given engine technology is the speed of a ship composed only of one engine of that technology with the highest power to weight ratio possible with current technology, and nothing else.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #219 on: July 22, 2016, 01:20:03 PM »
The one thing I have noticed is that many of the other Windows popup boxes are recolored with Aurora's theme (which I don't mind) and all of the text in dropdown menus in Waterfox and LibreOffice becomes the Aurora yellow color (which is really annoying because I can't read the text any more.) These effects stop upon closing Aurora and its wrapper. Usually the wrapper closes when the game exits, but not always.

That is Aurora doing that, not the wrapper. If you exit Aurora via menu, it is supposed to revert the colors.

Offline AcidWeb

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #220 on: July 22, 2016, 01:25:09 PM »
Usually the wrapper closes when the game exits, but not always.

Fun fact - Wrapper exit only if game exit completely. If wrapper stay - that means Aurora is still runnning even if window is not visible.

Offline tapk

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #221 on: September 20, 2016, 07:25:17 PM »
Sadly current Aurora_Wrapper. exe doesn't work on WinXP  :( Considering that Aurora itself is recommended to run in XP compatibility mode, Aurora Portable Pack isn't fully compatible with any existing system  ???
Is this so hard to add WinXP compatibility in Aurora_Wrapper. exe?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 08:09:12 PM by tapk »

Offline AcidWeb

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #222 on: September 20, 2016, 11:39:13 PM »
Never tested it on so ancient system.

I'm quite sure it don't work on Windows 95 and 3.11 too.
Seriously it is year 2016. XP is 15 years old. Stop using it. 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 11:41:12 PM by AcidWeb »

Offline tapk

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #223 on: September 21, 2016, 01:45:14 AM »
Quote from: AcidWeb link=topic=6141. msg97193#msg97193 date=1474432753
Stop using it. 
If I only could. . .    :(

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #224 on: September 21, 2016, 08:20:16 PM »
XP was fine untill my laptop exploded. Then I had 7 which was fine untill my laptop exploded.  Maybe your PC's are too durable ?
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "