Author Topic: How to manage parasites C#  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Thrake (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
How to manage parasites C#
« on: June 17, 2020, 10:57:29 AM »
I have the carrier.
I have the parasites docked and assigned to the carrier.
I can not order the parasites to undock to show xenos the vanity of their existence.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: How to manage parasites C#
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 11:17:09 AM »
Select the fleet, then you shift-clicking to select all of you parasites on the fleets "ship-list" menu (not on the naval OOB, the actual fleet tabs where you give orders etc.).
Use the create sub-fleet button, name the subfleet.
Once the subfleet is made select it on the OOB and press "detach". You fighters have now undocked, furthermore when they have finished and must return select the carrier fleet on the movement orders section (you need to check "fleets" to see fleets as destinations) and use the "land on assigned mothership and join as sub-fleet" command.

From now on undocking your fighters simply needs you to detach their sub-fleet and for rejoining you just give them one command.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, Thrake

Offline Thrake (OP)

• T
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 11:25:13 AM »
Select the fleet, then you shift-clicking to select all of you parasites on the fleets "ship-list" menu (not on the naval OOB, the actual fleet tabs where you give orders etc.).
Once the subfleet is made select it on the OOB and press "detach". You fighters have now undocked, furthermore when they have finished and must return select the carrier fleet on the movement orders section (you need to check "fleets" to see fleets as destinations) and use the "land on assigned mothership and join as sub-fleet" command.

From now on undocking your fighters simply needs you to detach their sub-fleet and for rejoining you just give them one command.

Wow... I tried shift clicking in the OOB and never figured it would work somewhere else. You saved that poor space tyrant many useless clicks and dragging ships one by one. Thanks a lot!

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 11:32:44 AM »

Wow... I tried shift clicking in the OOB and never figured it would work somewhere else. You saved that poor space tyrant many useless clicks and dragging ships one by one. Thanks a lot!

Mind that you don't need to create a sub-fleet to undock, you can directly detach but parasite sub-fleets make rejoining the carrier much easier and also allow you to name your fighter wings.

Offline CharonJr

• Lt. Commander
  • C
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 01:43:55 PM »
And they help with targeting different enemies without having to give a order to each parasite.

Offline Thrake (OP)

• T
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 04:55:20 PM »
Okay.

So, I have an issue with all this but this is due to weird design I think.

My carrier is a military design with no engines, that is tractored by a commercial tug. Since it's not very fast it is bundled with other supportive commercial ships (tanker,...) into its own subfleet, and there is another sub(sub)fleet comprising the fighters subgroup. I detach the slow ships when I spot contacts.
However, by doing so, all the fighters leave their subsubfleet and become part of the commercial fleet... which makes sense. But I would like them to stay into their own subfleet under the commercial fleet; they just have a few hours of deployment time so I don't want to always send them out of the bays when it's not necessary.

Do I need to always detach them before the commercial fleet and then tell them to land or is there some other way?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 06:30:13 PM »
Okay.

My carrier is a military design with no engines, that is tractored by a commercial tug. Since it's not very fast it is bundled with other supportive commercial ships (tanker,...) into its own subfleet, and there is another sub(sub)fleet comprising the fighters subgroup. I detach the slow ships when I spot contacts.
However, by doing so, all the fighters leave their subsubfleet and become part of the commercial fleet... which makes sense. But I would like them to stay into their own subfleet under the commercial fleet; they just have a few hours of deployment time so I don't want to always send them out of the bays when it's not necessary.

Do I need to always detach them before the commercial fleet and then tell them to land or is there some other way?

I am not sure I fully understand however I do know that aurora does not handle multi-layered subfleet formations quite well right now. If I understand correctly your fighters are a sub-fleet that is inside another subfleet - this is going to cause some jankyness so for now try to restructure your fleet so that it does not have a multi-layer structure.

In order to differentiate fighters what I do is name them like so: "Mothership Name - Bombers/Interceptors/Fighters", this way I know which ship that strike group belongs to.

Offline Thrake (OP)

• T
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2020, 07:02:18 PM »
Okay.

I am not sure I fully understand however I do know that aurora does not handle multi-layered subfleet formations quite well right now. If I understand correctly your fighters are a sub-fleet that is inside another subfleet - this is going to cause some jankyness so for now try to restructure your fleet so that it does not have a multi-layer structure.

In order to differentiate fighters what I do is name them like so: "Mothership Name - Bombers/Interceptors/Fighters", this way I know which ship that strike group belongs to.

Yes, I understand I must be confusing and lost myself in useless details :) In short, the fighters are in a mothership that is in a sub-fleet. When I detach the carrier sub-fleet, the fighters join the carrier new fleet as it is where they physically are and lose the sub-fleet structure. Thinking of it, all I need to do is to reverse my perspective and use the carrier sub-fleet as the main fleet and then detach everything, parasite or not, as I need.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 07:09:38 PM by Thrake »