Author Topic: Xenos discovered ruined city but summary still says ???? xeno required  (Read 1871 times)

Offline MattyD (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
Right, when I made the colony I right clicked on the system view and 'create colony' did not appear, I clicked it a few times just to make sure. That I suspect could be the problem here.

Then I sent a Xeno team to investigate, at least I think I did as they never got there. Can't say for sure that I correctly set the team up there though.

The 2nd time I set a team up they showed as present on Proxima Centauri A-II on the population-teams tab and after a few months reported back on the events log that they had discovered a ruined city.

Sadly, this has not been reflected on the summary page and I don't know what else to do. I've left the xeno team there for the time being but I suspect that my there is something wrong with the db.

Apart from the fact that it has taken something like 30 years and more than 10,000 crew lives to get this system I would leave it but after all the heartache I want some sort of reward at the end.
My Newbie AAR

Offline blue emu

• Commander
  • b
Re: Xenos discovered ruined city but summary still says ???? xeno required
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 03:35:52 PM »
Right, when I made the colony I right clicked on the system view and 'create colony' did not appear, I clicked it a few times just to make sure...

How may colonies does the summary page show on that planet?

Offline MattyD (OP)

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 03:48:39 PM »
Just the one I'm afraid.

The Ruined City was discovered on 3rd Aug 2080 and my current game is 15th December 2080. I need to leave the team for another 18 months before I get really nervous.
My Newbie AAR

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 04:31:48 PM »
'Ruined city' is a report of a new alien ruin.  It has nothing to do with the old ruin. Your xenology team simply isnt finished yet.

When a Xenology team finishes work it reports what the civilization's name was and how many installations are potentially recoverable. 

The colony's summary page should show either Alien Ruins - ??? for new ruins or something like Durg Imperium - TL 5 for ruins that have been researched by a xenology team.

There is a listing of all known ruins in the system map screen, Display 2 tab.  Tho its a little unreliable.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 04:47:29 PM »
There is a listing of all known ruins in the system map screen, Display 2 tab.  Tho its a little unreliable.

That box doesn't update unless you close the window down and open it again, or hit refresh (actually might not even do that on refresh). It does not update on increments.

Offline MattyD (OP)

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 04:51:59 PM »
Ahh yes, it (system map display 2) correctly names the location and says ruined city.

Is there something I'm missing, by this point I should have something other than

?? Abandoned Installations
(Xeno team required)

on the summary or is there something else I have to wait for?

EDIT

Just noticed this post by TheDeadlyShoe

'Ruined city' is a report of a new alien ruin.  It has nothing to do with the old ruin. Your xenology team simply isnt finished yet.

When a Xenology team finishes work it reports what the civilization's name was and how many installations are potentially recoverable. 

The colony's summary page should show either Alien Ruins -  for new ruins or something like Durg Imperium - TL 5 for ruins that have been researched by a xenology team.

So it seems that I have not waited long enough, I will throw a few more 30 day increments together and see what happens.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 05:00:29 PM by MattyD »
My Newbie AAR

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 05:00:02 PM »
@Beersatron - ah, makes sense.

@MattyD - The xeno team just isnt done yet.  Big ruins can take a long time.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 05:01:57 PM »
Might be worth adding to the suggestion thread something along the lines of;

Update the xeno description to state that a team is currently working on it - instead of always displaying (Xeno Team Required)

Offline MattyD (OP)

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 05:53:19 PM »
Ahhh a recent announcement from the planet Revenge, Proxima Centauri has revealed the remains of the Empire of Knossos and a potential 113 installations that could be recovered.

The announcement goes some way to placate those in the media who spread baseless rumours that the Xeno team working so hard, had in fact been lost in some form of evil government conspiracy.

TheDeadlyShoe - you were right, and you emu'ed me while I was mentioning you in my edit.

Beersatron - I'll add a post to the suggestions thread.
My Newbie AAR