Author Topic: Precursor Base - Ship Correlation for a System  (Read 2964 times)

Offline OAM47 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Precursor Base - Ship Correlation for a System
« on: July 04, 2014, 01:36:27 AM »
I was just wondering if the number/type of precursor ships spawned in a system "matches" with what type of base is spawned with them.  I've had them guarding planets or moons that looked to be close to habitable, frequently with ruins on the surface and some PDCs floating about, and I've also had just an asteroid with a couple hundred missiles hidden on it.

My question stems from the fact that up until today, I assumed that the asteroids came with just one or two ships, and the planets with more.  Typically when an asteroid was generated the ships to go along with it would be 2-3 destroyers, and a planet would come with 7-8 ships, some of which are large as 16k.  Today, however, I found an asteroid base with 7 ships guarding it, which I found odd based on past experience.  Had quite the interesting thought process trying to locate the sucker too, because of that.

Offline OAM47 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Precursor Base - Ship Correlation for a System
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 02:39:12 PM »
Well, for future reference, I think I *may* have discovered why there were so many ships despite one small base.  Further survey shows (so far) that there are actually three small bases in the system, of the single listening post sort (maybe double in one case, ground troops have not landed yet).  Seems the movement of my fleet just had them all trapped back up against one.