Author Topic: NPR having alot of warships  (Read 5124 times)

Offline ExChairman (OP)

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
NPR having alot of warships
« on: January 03, 2016, 02:45:17 AM »
Maybe not a spoiler, but I have been killing ships like hell. Somewhere around 50 destroyers (7700 tons) and some 25 heavy cruisers(15000 tons)and still they come, the latest group 8 battleships? (38000 tons), 3 battlecruisers (24000 tons) and 4 CAs. Missiles loads are down to under 20%
Never have I had these large fights before, I was lucky to only lose a BC and 12 fighters when I jumped into that system, they were waiting :'(, managed to retreat and put several bases on the warppoint and destroyed that fleet when thay jumped thrue.
Any new programing for NPR starting forces or have I been lucky before?

But its fun!  ;D

Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: NPR having alot of warships
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 02:55:07 AM »
Maybe they can navigate the new warp lanes easier and zero straight in towards the lucky player?
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline sneer

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 09:32:11 AM »
it was earlier as well
especially when you are in late game and new NPR is created
they can create / build  lots of ships within few years

battles with million tons per side are not rare in aurora

Offline JOKER

• Chief Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 08:49:41 PM »
What's invader's tech detail now? I opened a test campaign and fight off some, but they seems using normal missile and no shield, just like the 800% NPR once I fought off. The largest battleship is around 45kt, used 100 ASM in a salvo to kill it.

And I fought with that 800% NPR with 300 warships, they have 500-700.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 08:52:29 PM by JOKER »

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 12:15:21 PM »
Necro :

NPR's often go crazy with amount of warships they have - i have a hard time to follow because i cant stand the thought of my ships named "something 004 etc" and i insist on naming them all which is tedious as frakk.

But back to the topic :
Back in 6.4 ( well before NPR's started using fighters ) i had an enemy ( regular not spoiler ) who stormed the Sol system, oh every year or so with ~500 Fast attack crafts.
And earlier i had a play where 3 npr's were killing each other by the hundreds to gain control over one crucial crossroads system - cue my exploration ship entering the system and seeing 1200 + wrecks ( and it was before the "salvage nearest wreck" conditional order .. :P ).

BTW : we should really have some kind of "Most epic battle you ever had" thread here ...
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."