Author Topic: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread  (Read 38884 times)

Offline Azuraal

• Petty Officer
  • A
Re: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2020, 04:56:10 AM »
Auto assign FC disregards missile sizes and can change the ammo in a box launcher mid-flight.

Happened in a game started in 1. 9. 5, though I encountered that problem earlier too.
The window affected:  Naval Organization, Ship Combat
What you were doing at the time:  My ships had size 10 missile launchers for size 10 ASMs, and one box launcher for a size 6 buoy missile stage.  Auto assign FC assigned size 10 missile to the size 6 box launcher.
Is your decimal separator a comma:  No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off:  Easy to reproduce.

To reproduce: Have a ship with multiple size missiles and launchers that don't follow ASM / AMM divide.

Reported
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 04:27:33 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Cosinus

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2020, 05:01:12 AM »
Auto assign FC disregards missile sizes and can change the ammo in a box launcher mid-flight.

Happened in a game started in 1. 9. 5, though I encountered that problem earlier too.
The window affected:  Naval Organization, Ship Combat
What you were doing at the time:  My ships had size 10 missile launchers for size 10 ASMs, and one box launcher for a size 6 buoy missile stage.  Auto assign FC assigned size 10 missile to the size 6 box launcher.
Is your decimal separator a comma:  No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off:  Easy to reproduce.

To reproduce: Have a ship with multiple size missiles and launchers that don't follow ASM / AMM divide.

I can confirm this bug. My Size 5 active sensor buoys were auto assigned to my S1 AMM launchers and could even be fired.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2020, 07:41:53 AM »
Version 1.9.5
The function number: no error
The complete error text: no error
What you were doing at the time: orders to refuel from stationary tanker
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easy to reproduce

I gave a fleet orders to refuel from a space station.
The station has fuel and a refuelling system.
The station is not moving, but it is stabilizing a jump point.
I get a message that my fleet "cannot complete order as the destination fleet is either moving or has movement orders."

So it seems that stabilizing a jump point counts as "movement orders."

This is WAI - anything and everything in the Orders list count as movement orders.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 01:23:27 PM by Garfunkel »

The following users thanked this post: Gabrote42

Offline simast

• s
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2020, 08:16:52 AM »
While creating a sub-fleet in Naval Organization and choosing "Cancel" the sub-fleet is created anyway. Also after you do this - the "Create Sub Fleet" button will no longer function and you need to restart Aurora.

---

The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Naval Organization
What you were doing at the time: Creating a Sub-Fleet
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Random or Real Stars: Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Easy
If this is a long campaign: ~50 years

Confirmed.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 01:24:16 PM by Garfunkel »

Offline Second Foundationer

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2020, 10:10:04 AM »
This report has to remain fuzzy, I'm afraid. It's also from a previous version, either 1.9.4 or possibly 1.9.3, the backup interval includes the update. But I haven't seen it reported or fixed, though my search wasn't thorough beyond doubt this time.

Important thing first: Affects NPR generation for pre-industrial NPR. Garfunkel answered most of my questions regarding that in http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11302.0, but ultimately, the only one who knows how it should work is He who makes the worlds spin. It's only a bug, if pre-industrial NPRs are supposed to have at least wealth, and possibly conventional industry & troops. If a non-communicating NPR with literally absolutely nothing but people ("Stone-age NPR") is WAD, you can stop reading.

Function and error: None that I'm aware of. Alas, could I swear that I didn't discard an error message at discovery/generation? No. Divided attention and short intervals of advancing Auroran time in the period in question (and right now, in fact), plus a very minor refresh/sticky invalid selection issue that I clicked away a few times, but has been reported and fixed by now, I think. So, it's: I'm not sure.
No comma. Only a brief coma after going through two earlier bugs threads in entirety to find a specific bug report I thought I had seen.
Conventional real stars 1.9 Earth start, the system in question was discovered by player race 27 years and a few days in if I may believe the discovery date on the galaxy map (separate tiny ui issue: GalacticMap doesn't seem to remember that I want to display military restricted systems, but it remembers most other Display settings)

In-game system and race generation is hard to reproduce. But in case it is of any use, I'll attach the first db I can find that contains the NPR in question. At that point I had only discovered the system, but done nothing with the NPR but see it from afar - I think, no guarantees for my memory.
They are GameID 34 (Vanilla), RaceID 192 (Vaathkree Alliance), and their capital should be PopulationID 4218 (Vaathkree Prime) in SystemID 2079 (Eps Eri). If I read the Race and PopInstallation and other tables correctly, they have no conventional industry, no conventional ground units and crucially: no wealth. I noticed that later when I decided that I could do nothing with them but conquer them.

(As addendum to a previous post, an animal & BugMod protection/safety advice: Under any circumstances, never even think about putting a real cat, dotted or not, into a real dishwasher, insular or not. The sensitive programming could acquire a serious permanent personality disorder as a result. For similar reasons, please don't feed Aurora 4x with comma-separated decimals. I reqlly do szmpathiye (sic!), con tout mio Herzen. Up to a point. Or better make that a period...  :P)

Reported to find out what is the WAI behaviour.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 01:28:01 PM by Garfunkel »

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2020, 10:58:18 AM »
Version 1.9.5
The function number: no error
The complete error text: no error
What you were doing at the time: orders to refuel from stationary tanker
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easy to reproduce

I gave a fleet orders to refuel from a space station.
The station has fuel and a refuelling system.
The station is not moving, but it is stabilizing a jump point.
I get a message that my fleet "cannot complete order as the destination fleet is either moving or has movement orders."

So it seems that stabilizing a jump point counts as "movement orders."

Wouldn't surprise me if this is WAI. As a freighter that's loading/unloading are also "moving". From http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg113792#msg113792
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2020, 11:10:48 AM »
Version 1.9.5
The function number: 2044 & 2043
The complete error text: The object link wasn't set to an instant of the object (retranslated from german to english)
What you were doing at the time: Missile Design
Is the bug easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easy to reproduce

When switching between the different "Load Previous" designs, the Pods cause these two error messages as long as none of the checkboxes for pods are active.

Offline Cosinus

• C
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2020, 01:18:25 PM »
There is an error message each ground combat phase and combat reports are not shown in the event log anymore (except for breakthroughs for some reason). Combat still happens in some form, as the tonnage of enemy troops decreases and my commanders are dying and are awarded medals.

The function number: #1821
The complete error text: 1.9.5 Attempted to divide by zero
The window affected: main window
What you were doing at the time: Invading precursor world
Conventional or TN start: C
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: This happens every combat phase, load the attached DB and advance time by ~8 hours or so
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: ~50 years

Edit: I went back to a backup save file and attempted to do this fight again without orbital bombardment as I thought this could be the cause of the bug. Still got the same error messages. I ignored them for a while, but now I also get #1793 attempt to divide by zero error during combat phases. Div by zero is the original report, before is the DB from before the errors started, more div by zero is when 2 errors happened each construction phase.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 03:44:45 PM by Cosinus »

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2020, 01:52:53 PM »
The Research tab does not remember my selection of "Sort by Labs" or "Sort by Date" after I close the Econ window.
The Shipyard Tasks tab does not remember my selection of "Sort by Size" or "Sort by Date" after I close the Econ window.

I would think the intent is for those selections to be sticky, at least for the current game session.

Sorting choice is kept if you don't close the window. I don't think keeping it after closing was intended as that would likely require coding it differently.

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2020, 02:02:51 PM »
I'm getting a divide-by-zero error during an invasion, and ground combat doesn't seem to be progressing.

The function number: #1821
The complete error text: Attempted to divide by zero
The window affected: Events (I get a log "Ground Combat Intelligence [. . . ] Estimated Hostile Force (Error Range: Estimated Hostile Force").
What you were doing at the time: Invading Mars (which has an SMed NPR population, now hostile)
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? It's consistent on this save, including picking up and re-dropping my forces on Mars.  I'm not sure whether it's reproducible in a new game.

Database: https://drive. google. com/open?id=15hspUe0PFxhJO2s7oMAB64wWTaVNLUBj Advance time to the next ground combat phase.

Reproduced and moved to confirmed.

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2020, 02:09:42 PM »
Null error on 3255 when passing an increment. Decimal separator is a period ".". It was after a fight with a NPR, on a 15 years old real star campaign. This save is from a 1.9.4, updated to 1.9.5.
DB attached for that bug, as the error is there consistenly

-------

Another thing regarding the automatic detaching of ships when they are damaged and slowing the whole fleet. That features is great, but not consistent:

It seems that if one of the ship suffers from a secondary explosion, it won't be detached from the fleet hence slowing it down.

A similar thing seems to happen when the ships suffers from critical damage and goes from perfect condition to destroyed, the fleet speed is set to 1km/s. It will automaticly reset itself to maximum when you increment the game thanks to the "use maximum speed" features, but that's annoying. Same thing is happening to ennemy fleets as well

I couldn't reproduce the null error with your save. Tried several times with different increment lengths.
The second thing about damaged ships though sounds like a bug, will have a look and pass that one on.

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2020, 02:12:48 PM »
When cancelling out of the Select Name disalogue, the name is changed.  As far as I can make out, it is changed to whatever the player last called something.  Eg, if you name a naval admin command something, then go over to the class design window, select a class, click Select Name, then click Cancel, the class will be renamed to whatever you named the naval admin command (or ship class, or as far as I can tell whatever it was you named last).  Doesn't seem to matter if you manually named the previous thing, or used Select Name for that and picked something.
Tested in both the Class Design window - selecting a class name, and the Naval Organisation window with a ship selected - selecting a ship name.

The function number NA

The complete error text NA

The window affected Class Design and Naval Organisation tested, suspect probably anything that uses Select Name.

What you were doing at the time Cancelling out of Select Name.

Conventional or TN start TN

Random or Real Stars Random

Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?  Easy to reproduce.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 03:36:32 AM by Bughunter »

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2020, 02:27:02 PM »
The function number: 1617
The complete error text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The window affected: None, just open 1.9.5.
What you were doing at the time: Just opening a fresh 1.9.0 database in 1.9.5.
Conventional or TN start: TN.
Random or Real Stars: Real stars.
Is your decimal separator a comma? No. It's a period.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Repros every time for me with a stock 1.9.0 database on 1.9.5.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well Not long.

I get two  1617 errors every time I open a fresh 1.9.0 database in 1.9.5. Haven't played beyond that point on the impacted machine but the display superficially looks fine afterwards.

I failed to reproduce this. Opened the default game and also advanced time without error. Do you have any mods or something else in your setup which could make a difference?

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2020, 02:32:36 PM »
The function number: #3100
The complete error text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
The window affected: System Generation and Display
What you were doing at the time: Re-rolling random ruins
Conventional or TN start: Either
Random or Real Stars: Real (probably both)
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy
Campaign Length: 0

In a fresh all default game, turn on SM, go to system view window, geo-survey all, pick a planet (Mars and Mercury tested) and do a random ruin. Then do it again, and after the 'ruin already exists and will be deleted' message, the error will appear. However, if the ruin generated included an installation, there will be no error. If an installation was generated and no error appears, just keep re-rolling until you get, then delete a ruin with no installation.

I would guess it's trying to delete the installation even when one doesn't exist, but just a guess.

Confirmed

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2020, 02:35:57 PM »
Retested and still occurring in 1.9.5.  Attached a 1.9.5 version of the same save.

The function number N/A
The complete error text N/A
The window affected - Environment Tab on the Populations window
What you were doing at the time: normal gameplay
Conventional or TN start : Conv
Random or Real Stars : Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? natively a period
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Ongoing & easy to see.

I configured Mars to add Carbon Dioxide to a maximum of 0.1 atm, and it *is* being added; however, the Environment tab displays 0 for desired maximum atm, not 0.1.

Thanks both you and Caplin, passing on to confirmed.