Author Topic: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread  (Read 39100 times)

Offline CharonJr

• Lt. Commander
  • C
Re: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2020, 02:42:28 PM »
Hi,

saw a bug while salvaging - essentially the salvager will stay where it started the salvage, even if the wreck and the planet it is orbiting have moved on ;) Tried moving to the planet forst for my second try, but got the same result. Refresh does nothing, the ship actually has to move to catch the planet/wreck again for a new try.

The function number:
The complete error text:
The window affected: Tactics
What you were doing at the time: Salvage
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy
Campaign Length:

Reported

And while I am at it, it seems like the problem from VB still exists that missiles will not cause an interrupt (sometimes?) when you select a long time increment when they are already in flight. Those wrecks in the lower left were caused by missiles which the ships woulf have easily dealt with (and actually did before). There was a pause in the missile attacks (what I thought was the end), but it turned out there was another wave approaching when I hit a long (IIRC 5 day) increment length. The ships were destroyed without firing a shot/any interrupt before.

Added to existing report
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 03:43:39 AM by Bughunter »

Offline Caplin

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2020, 02:59:07 PM »
The function number: 1617
The complete error text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The window affected: None, just open 1.9.5.
What you were doing at the time: Just opening a fresh 1.9.0 database in 1.9.5.
Conventional or TN start: TN.
Random or Real Stars: Real stars.
Is your decimal separator a comma? No. It's a period.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Repros every time for me with a stock 1.9.0 database on 1.9.5.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well Not long.

I get two  1617 errors every time I open a fresh 1.9.0 database in 1.9.5. Haven't played beyond that point on the impacted machine but the display superficially looks fine afterwards.

I failed to reproduce this. Opened the default game and also advanced time without error. Do you have any mods or something else in your setup which could make a difference?

Nothing at all, as far as I'm aware. NO mods, just extracted V1.51, V1.90, and V1.95 in the same directory, and erased aurora.exe and auroraDB.db for good measure each time. My machine is set to standard US English settings, 1920x1080 screen resolution. I'm baffled as to why this reproduces so consistently for me.

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2020, 03:03:58 PM »
The function number: no error
The complete error text: no error
What you were doing at the time: unloading ordonance at Earth, changing ordonnance templates and then reloading at Earth
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? one-off

A WTF bug :

The Aconit and Acnée missiles were never designed, nor named, nor anything. They are not supposed to exist. I was about when about to order my collier to reload at Earth, after messing with the templates, when I noticed it was already full by those strange missiles. Only one of the two fleet's collier had that issue, and I'm not sure what caused it.

Unloading the affected is impossible, as other fantomic missiles with different name will appear :

It is actually flooding my stockpiles :

DB : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZVAybIzPBaXj79iHhEMeWrroP0lBflSR/view?usp=sharing

You are getting alien missiles aboard your collier. I just have to ask, did you do any database editing or use any mods?
Did you capture any alien stockpiles at some point? Capture ships with missiles on? Any other idea what may have triggered the bug?

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2020, 03:10:25 PM »
The function number 3248
The complete error text 1. 9. 5 Function #3248: The given key was no present in the dictionary.
The window affected: Fleet, Tactical.
What you were doing at the time: Starting up the game
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Happens everytime I try to reload
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 10 years

I tried to load my save after a few lockups, and now all of my ships, space stations, and other various vessels are missing.  It happened after lockups due to intermittent action by NPRs, although I don't really know what those NPRs were doing at the time.

What do you mean by lockup? Can you explain exactly what happened and what you did when they occurred?

Offline Second Foundationer

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2020, 03:52:06 PM »
After brief test in 1.9.5, separate post for the mentioned low priority, tiny UI issue with GalacticMap window, Display tab. It remembers most settings, but has selective amnesia for three: Maintenance Locations, Military Restricted Systems and Mineral Search Flag.

Easy to reproduce: Open GalacticMap, Display tab. Tick all boxes. Close window. Open GalacticMap. Result: All boxes in Display tab ticked but those three.

(But my preference for having things looked at after crashes/gamebreakers, if any should be left, would be the mechanics-relevant ones, especially things such as NPR generation that may produce errors that cannot be rectified even by SM mode.)

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2020, 03:56:34 PM »
The function number: 1617
The complete error text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The window affected: None, just open 1.9.5.
What you were doing at the time: Just opening a fresh 1.9.0 database in 1.9.5.
Conventional or TN start: TN.
Random or Real Stars: Real stars.
Is your decimal separator a comma? No. It's a period.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Repros every time for me with a stock 1.9.0 database on 1.9.5.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well Not long.

I get two  1617 errors every time I open a fresh 1.9.0 database in 1.9.5. Haven't played beyond that point on the impacted machine but the display superficially looks fine afterwards.

I failed to reproduce this. Opened the default game and also advanced time without error. Do you have any mods or something else in your setup which could make a difference?

Nothing at all, as far as I'm aware. NO mods, just extracted V1.51, V1.90, and V1.95 in the same directory, and erased aurora.exe and auroraDB.db for good measure each time. My machine is set to standard US English settings, 1920x1080 screen resolution. I'm baffled as to why this reproduces so consistently for me.
Which directory did you put it in?  Windows apparently does screwy things if you unpack or install under Program Files.  Also, I'd recommend verifying your downloads.  Nothing like a corrupt file to ruin your day.

sha256sum -b
f0c7ae9394fbca48e19b29989e70f1c2325033c4f49f267beee5a92ca35da65c *Aurora151Full.rar
31fb9dd89a8d942c555570183edd7808936309be810e86103b33f52f2dd8607e *Aurora190.rar
1b316b4d2fe2ba684eff4d6c499f3fb5e634aa67f10e1e1edf41799f6bd940c6 *Aurora195.rar
6ced8d676199a60eb7dcf50b6a9f3ecc4cbbd2bc0e9d73ad77f37a1dd5bdfa4a *AuroraDB.db
b7321eba9195833827d05415f4dfbc2abd8f912b33ba05cc8ce918cdd34c62a5 *Aurora.exe

The function number 3248
The complete error text 1. 9. 5 Function #3248: The given key was no present in the dictionary.
The window affected: Fleet, Tactical.
What you were doing at the time: Starting up the game
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Happens everytime I try to reload
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 10 years

I tried to load my save after a few lockups, and now all of my ships, space stations, and other various vessels are missing.  It happened after lockups due to intermittent action by NPRs, although I don't really know what those NPRs were doing at the time.

What do you mean by lockup? Can you explain exactly what happened and what you did when they occurred?
If Aurora or the computer crashes during a save it will corrupt the database by randomly deleting tables.  The problem is due to dividing a save into multiple transactions.  This issue was reported against earlier versions.

@theplahunter The workaround is to restore using the AuroraDBSaveBackup.db or AuroraDBPreviousSaveBackup.db if they are still intact.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 03:59:00 PM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

Offline Saquenay

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2020, 04:21:17 PM »
I've searched as best I can for a previous mention of this bug but haven't found it, and if it is a known issue that hasn't been implemented yet, I haven't seen that mentioned either.   I've only noticed this issue in 1. 9. 4 (and now 1. 9. 5) but that is also the first time I attempted to use the feature in question in any campaign.

It seems the highly anticipated c# feature, deep space logistics hubs with overhauling/resupply, does not work.   Details:

The function number: n/a
The complete error text: n/a
The window affected: n/a
What you were doing at the time: Attempting to give a military ship 'overhaul' orders at a deep space base with maintenance modules/cargo shuttles
Conventional or TN start: confirmed with both starts
Random or Real Stars: confirmed in both
Is your decimal separator a comma?: no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?:  was able to reproduce in a new game in just a few clicks
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well:  Discovered it during a longish campaign, but can replicate in a fresh save.

Steps to reproduce:
Design a station (or ship) with maintenance modules, spare MSP, and cargo shuttles (you can add a number of other modules including ordnance/fuel hubs and transfer systems without affecting the outcome).   You can set it to 'supply ship' and tell it to 'auto resupply own fleet' if you like.
Bring the maintenance station to deep space.   (Alternatively, for SM mode testing, move it to an empty colony say on Mars)
Design any military ship that should be able to execute the order 'Begin Overhaul (rewind clock)', and test that it has that order by targeting earth.
Now select either the station's fleet, or the empty colony where the station is anchored, and notice the lack of 'Begin Overhaul' orders.

(Incidentally, there is also not an order to 'resupply from supply ship', but I'm focusing on the overhaul issue right now. )

According to hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=8495. msg101959#msg101959 , the station should qualify as a 'Maintenance Location' but it doesn't.   Adding population to the location of the maintenance station does not fix the issue, either with an orbital habitat or by adding colonists to the previously empty colony which the station is orbiting.   Adding various ground installations at the location such as cargo shuttle stations or spaceports does not fix the issue.

If the station is deployed at a colony, the maintenance capacity shows up properly on the summary screen.

If you add a single maintenance facility to the colony, whether there are any colonists present or not, the colony can now be a target for the 'Begin Overhaul' order.

Please tell me I am stupid and have missed an obvious button somewhere, because I really like this proposed feature!!

Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 04:31:15 AM by Bughunter »

Offline alvin853

• Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2020, 04:41:48 PM »
The function number: #1420
The complete error text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
The window affected: Tactical map
What you were doing at the time: Ship discovered a new system (time increment)
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Probably intermittend
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: Year 25

DB is attached from right as the error appeared. I'm thinking there's something wrong in the system I just discovered (LHS 288) which caused this error.
Also to note: I had the galactic map window open as the error appeared, and the new system showed up right away, but was not connected to the system the ship just jumped from and the system showed the blue inner circle representing an empty system (it's not empty). After refresh of map window the connection was there and the system was no longer shown as empty.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 04:43:27 PM by alvin853 »

Offline stabliser

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2020, 06:04:06 PM »

The function number: #2092 & #2184
The complete error text: Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.

The window affected: #2092-tactical, #2184-Economic(mining)

What you were doing at the time: #2092-advancing time, #2184- vewing minerals on particular planet

Random or Real Stars: Random

Is your decimal separator a comma? : No

Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? -  #2092 happens after a couple of days advancing time, #2184 happens every time I view the minerals of the particular planet.  Both disappear on saving and closing, but return again after a couple of days of resuming the game.

If this is a long campaign: 61 years,  v1.9.3->v1.9.4->v1.9.5

Edit:  I managed to stop the bug returning by removing mines and mass driver from the planet in question.  The mass driver may have been trying to send a negative amount of minerals, as the manufacturing % had dropped to 0% (perhaps below zero)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 05:19:58 AM by stabliser »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2020, 06:52:46 PM »
Maybe WAI but on 1.9.5 Boarding Combat Success doesn't stop Auto Turns from Running.

I think it should.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2020, 08:02:43 PM »
I've searched as best I can for a previous mention of this bug but haven't found it, and if it is a known issue that hasn't been implemented yet, I haven't seen that mentioned either.   I've only noticed this issue in 1. 9. 4 (and now 1. 9. 5) but that is also the first time I attempted to use the feature in question in any campaign.

It seems the highly anticipated c# feature, deep space logistics hubs with overhauling/resupply, does not work.   Details:

The function number: n/a
The complete error text: n/a
The window affected: n/a
What you were doing at the time: Attempting to give a military ship 'overhaul' orders at a deep space base with maintenance modules/cargo shuttles
Conventional or TN start: confirmed with both starts
Random or Real Stars: confirmed in both
Is your decimal separator a comma?: no
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?:  was able to reproduce in a new game in just a few clicks
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well:  Discovered it during a longish campaign, but can replicate in a fresh save.

Steps to reproduce:
Design a station (or ship) with maintenance modules, spare MSP, and cargo shuttles (you can add a number of other modules including ordnance/fuel hubs and transfer systems without affecting the outcome).   You can set it to 'supply ship' and tell it to 'auto resupply own fleet' if you like.
Bring the maintenance station to deep space.   (Alternatively, for SM mode testing, move it to an empty colony say on Mars)
Design any military ship that should be able to execute the order 'Begin Overhaul (rewind clock)', and test that it has that order by targeting earth.
Now select either the station's fleet, or the empty colony where the station is anchored, and notice the lack of 'Begin Overhaul' orders.

(Incidentally, there is also not an order to 'resupply from supply ship', but I'm focusing on the overhaul issue right now. )

According to hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=8495. msg101959#msg101959 , the station should qualify as a 'Maintenance Location' but it doesn't.   Adding population to the location of the maintenance station does not fix the issue, either with an orbital habitat or by adding colonists to the previously empty colony which the station is orbiting.   Adding various ground installations at the location such as cargo shuttle stations or spaceports does not fix the issue.

If the station is deployed at a colony, the maintenance capacity shows up properly on the summary screen.

If you add a single maintenance facility to the colony, whether there are any colonists present or not, the colony can now be a target for the 'Begin Overhaul' order.

Please tell me I am stupid and have missed an obvious button somewhere, because I really like this proposed feature!!

I'm not sure on this one. Maint station will stop the time from ticking up, but I'm not sure if it is supposed to be a overhaul location or not.
Anyone else know?

Offline Bandus

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
  • Discord Username: Bandus#6943
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2020, 08:52:38 PM »
The function number - N/A
The complete error text - N/A
The window affected - Intelligence window
What you were doing at the time - N/A
Conventional or TN start - Conventional
Random or Real Stars - Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? - Yes
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - Not sure.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - Around 120 years in.

I have this ship:

Code: [Select]
IS Psicodaemon  (Astradaemon class Intelligence Ship)      2,066 tons       62 Crew       474.7 BP       TCS 4    TH 10    EM 0
1452 km/s    JR 1-50      Armour 1-14       Shields 0-0       HTK 16      Sensors 0/14/0/0      DCR 1      PPV 0
Maint Life 5.56 Years     MSP 265    AFR 18%    IFR 0.3%    1YR 14    5YR 216    Max Repair 280 MSP
Captain of the List    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 60 months    Morale Check Required   

Antimachus-Galenus JD-ELINT-001     Max Ship Size 2250 tons    Distance 50k km     Squadron Size 1

Agemman Aeromarine MCFD-ELINT-001 (2)    Power 60    Fuel Use 7.39%    Signature 4.80    Explosion 4%
Fuel Capacity 93,000 Litres    Range 109.6 billion km (873 days at full power)

ELINT Module (1)     Sensitivity 14     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  29.6m km
Cloaking Device: Class cross-section reduced to 10.0% of normal

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

It is 22m km away from a NPR population with a EM signature of 1,275.  However, on the intelligence screen, current intel and maximum intel points are both 0. They have remained at 0 for over a year. Communications have been established with the NPR.

It appears I am not gaining any intel on the pop at the target yet cannot find a reason why. I bounced it off folks in Discord and no one was able to come up with any ideas as to why this might be.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, but I'm not 100% sure!
"Just this once --- everybody lives!" - My Doctor

Offline kyonkundenwa

• Chief Petty Officer
  • k
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2020, 09:04:22 PM »
Nori - This is a known bug that Steve hasn't figured out yet.

All roads lead to Sol. After meeting 2 NPRs surveying Sol within the first six months of a new game I figured something was up so I made a test game and SM-explored a bunch of jump points. Sol has 9 JPs and counting as almost every system has connected to it on the first outbound exploration. The attached test game was made in a fresh install, 1.00->1.9.0->1.9.5. I had high hopes for 1.9.5 fixing connections for random stars but it looks like we're not quite there yet.

What you were doing at the time: SM-exploring JPs.
TN start
Random Stars
Decimal
Trivial to reproduce: start a random stars game and explore some JPs. If you prefer, start the game with a couple TN NPRs and run a couple 30-day increments, you'll see them exploring Sol in short order as their first JP will probably connect to it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 09:55:44 PM by Nori »

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2020, 10:31:18 PM »
The Research tab does not remember my selection of "Sort by Labs" or "Sort by Date" after I close the Econ window.
The Shipyard Tasks tab does not remember my selection of "Sort by Size" or "Sort by Date" after I close the Econ window.

I would think the intent is for those selections to be sticky, at least for the current game session.

Sorting choice is kept if you don't close the window. I don't think keeping it after closing was intended as that would likely require coding it differently.

It is a trivial amount of code to add this behavior.
I would really like to know if Steve really intends for us to have to keep changing the sort every time we open the window.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2020, 10:41:32 PM »
Nori - This is a known bug that Steve hasn't figured out yet.

All roads lead to Sol. After meeting 2 NPRs surveying Sol within the first six months of a new game I figured something was up so I made a test game and SM-explored a bunch of jump points. Sol has 9 JPs and counting as almost every system has connected to it on the first outbound exploration. The attached test game was made in a fresh install, 1.00->1.9.0->1.9.5. I had high hopes for 1.9.5 fixing connections for random stars but it looks like we're not quite there yet.

What you were doing at the time: SM-exploring JPs.
TN start
Random Stars
Decimal
Trivial to reproduce: start a random stars game and explore some JPs. If you prefer, start the game with a couple TN NPRs and run a couple 30-day increments, you'll see them exploring Sol in short order as their first JP will probably connect to it.

It seems that every time a jump point tries to connect to a non-local system, it instead connects to system 0, which is Sol.