Author Topic: Deep Space Maintenance  (Read 7137 times)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Deep Space Maintenance
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2018, 06:39:46 AM »
Well, you need Construction Brigades to take use of alien ruins. So I usually build about 20 of them or so. But my PDCs are also really small as I rather build a bunch of different PDC classes on each colony, so the construction times are not too long. However, with a PDC Hangar, that's not really an option, meaning that Rich is correct - your only practical option is to use construction factories as otherwise it might take ten years or more.

Offline Shiwanabe

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Hrm, text can't drone
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2018, 05:15:57 PM »
Just as a correction to the earlier comment about Engineering section vs Maintanence bay:

Engineering sections don't have a set amount of maintanence, when you get to the more expensive ships they can contain many times the amount in a Maintanence bay.

I'm not sure when the crossover occurs, but I can only confirm this for designs with max tech. And thus crazy costs.

And now I'll leave you to return to the actually useful discussion. ;)

Offline Michael Sandy

• Commodore
  • M
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2018, 01:47:09 PM »
"with internal hangars big enough to contain the entire military contingent of the war fleet one intends to station there."

That is more than you need.  You can comfortably maintain fleet 2.5 times the capacity of the hangar, even 3 times if you are careful about it.  Just keep rotating the fleets through the station.

I build a small hangar early, for maintaining my survey fleets and scouts.  One of the VERY nice things about hangars instead of maintenance bases is you can always get your ships out of a hangar immediately, instead of cancelling an overhaul.