Author Topic: AI logic  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Ekaton (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • E
AI logic
« on: April 17, 2020, 09:07:15 AM »
I discovered my first race in Aurora, which did nothing but lurk around the jump point they came from. I wonder, how was AI logic changed in C#? I suppose lurking makes a lot of sense with the new ELINT equipment, but I wonder - does the fact that they refuse to communicate with me matter at all? They sent a small ship, I replied by meeting them with 5 largest ships in my fleet - is that likely to intimidate them in any way, now that they're aware of my battlecruisers?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: AI logic
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 09:08:04 AM »
I discovered my first race in Aurora, which did nothing but lurk around the jump point they came from. I wonder, how was AI logic changed in C#? I suppose lurking makes a lot of sense with the new ELINT equipment, but I wonder - does the fact that they refuse to communicate with me matter at all? They sent a small ship, I replied by meeting them with 5 largest ships in my fleet - is that likely to intimidate them in any way, now that they're aware of my battlecruisers?

If you try to claim systems from them, they will include your known forces in that decision.