Author Topic: Comments Thread  (Read 17279 times)

Offline JustAnotherDude

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • J
Re: Comments Thread
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2019, 08:57:13 PM »
It's replaced espionage teams, if it detects a planet's EM signature it collect intelligence from it.

Offline Gyrfalcon

• Bug Moderators
  • Commander
  • G
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2019, 02:24:25 AM »
Probably a size 1 EM sensor.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2019, 03:06:44 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley
ELINT Module (1)     Sensitivity 5     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  17.7m km

What is this thing, and how does it work?

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg109678#msg109678

The following users thanked this post: Jovus

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2019, 02:41:27 AM »
Looking at the screenshot you posted in the changes list, the one about factions overview...
I have to say that Terra seems in a much more comfortable position than the other factions. They might be behind in tech, but wow the economical and industrial power they have. 

Of course that would not help them if the other factions decided to ally to kill them...

I have to say, this campaign looks really good. I'm so looking forward to C# Aurora . Sorry, I had to say it  ;D

Anyway, it would be really nice to have the factions overview every couple of years or so, that way we readers can have a better idea of what is going on :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 07:08:03 AM by Zincat »

Offline DEEPenergy

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2019, 12:06:33 PM »
Looking forward to seeing a planetary assault happen. I can see Terra try and bring their full weight down only to have their troop ships get wrecked in transit.

Offline Hazard

• Commodore
  • H
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2019, 12:57:09 PM »
Terra is going to have to invest substantially in research to not fall behind further, but they've got a massive factory advantage. Something like 50% more than their closest rival.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2019, 07:09:11 AM »
What are the major obstacles preventing a game setup where the others nations are handled by the computer and not by the player himself?

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2019, 07:16:08 AM »
What are the major obstacles preventing a game setup where the others nations are handled by the computer and not by the player himself?

Mainly, diplomacy and AI planetary invasions at the moment. Few other tweaks as well.

Last test campaign is likely to be one player race and several AI races in Sol.

The following users thanked this post: vorpal+5

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2019, 12:53:33 PM »
Oooooh shiny!  :o

How strange is the world. I think your game is my most anticipated game, before Triumph Planetfall and any other AAA franchise!

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2019, 06:21:56 PM »
I think only Fallout:New Vegas II could beat C# Aurora for me.

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2019, 11:06:57 AM »
@Father Tim

Now with an even BIGGER iron on your hip! :D

Fallout: New California is out for the F:NV base game. It's not New Vegas II, but It's definitely hooge.

Offline HighTemplar

• H
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2019, 05:05:23 AM »
provided war doesn't break out within a couple of years my money is on the commies, that industry and pop advantage is to large (especially since the main long term limitation on growth is pop)

Offline Hazard

• Commodore
  • H
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2019, 06:08:45 AM »
Same, although at the same time it's no longer possible to grow populations without limit.

Still, Earth's the biggest chunk of singular real estate, and they are very well situated as long as they can find exo solar colony space to flat out dominate the remaining nations in Sol.

Offline The Forbidden

• T
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2019, 10:39:30 PM »
I just hope we don't see the "evacuate from Sol" trend pop up again. It's a recurring trend in Steve's campaigns where if multiple factions are in Sol, they'll have a big war, then realize that having their main population and most of their industry and shipyards in Sol is a terrible weakness, so some of them start evacuating, and thus don't try to start anything while they're proceeding with the evacuation. The problem being that an evacuation on this scale takes forever and thus by the time they're done Steve has usually stopped the campaign because nothing was happening anymore.

The following users thanked this post: Tanj

Offline Bremen

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2019, 10:42:41 PM »
I just hope we don't see the "evacuate from Sol" trend pop up again. It's a recurring trend in Steve's campaigns where if multiple factions are in Sol, they'll have a big war, then realize that having their main population and most of their industry and shipyards in Sol is a terrible weakness, so some of them start evacuating, and thus don't try to start anything while they're proceeding with the evacuation. The problem being that an evacuation on this scale takes forever and thus by the time they're done Steve has usually stopped the campaign because nothing was happening anymore.

This scenario looks different in that they're not all on the same planet, at least. Different systems would still be much more defensible but it's not quite as suicidal as a war when they're all in orbit of Earth.