Author Topic: Official v6.30 Bugs thread  (Read 44224 times)

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Official v6.30 Bugs thread
« Reply #255 on: April 14, 2014, 04:11:59 PM »
Please start a post over in Academy.  While technically there is a "bug" related to the locking of class designs, this really falls more under "under documented functions".  What you're experiencing with the shipyards is a well known condition within Aurora.  PDC's and fighters lag way behind ships for class/refit/upgrade. 

What you've described about retooling shipyards appears to be an issue with how to redesign existing classes and retooling the shipyards.

All ship designs are auto-locked once a shipyard is retooling for it and locked while it is tooled for a design.  Fighters though aren't built in shipyards so they don't get locked.  I can understand the SM mode to unlock existing designs on shipyards for when people forget to add that one component to their design.  The optional lock design option is so you don't make accidental changes if you are just browsing your design.  This bug exists for fighters and PDC's and any ships which don't have design on shipyard.

What needs to be changed though is locking designs if there are ships existing with that design, the same bug occurs if you retool a shipyard from one design to another but still have ships on the old design, any changes to that design will affect any ships in existence.

Current
If shipyard has design as assigned class or shipyard is retooling to design then lock design

Proposal
If shipyard has design as assigned class or shipyard is retooling to design or population industry building design then lock design
If ship has design then lock design

Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #256 on: April 14, 2014, 09:20:38 PM »
All ship designs are auto-locked once a shipyard is retooling for it and locked while it is tooled for a design.  Fighters though aren't built in shipyards so they don't get locked.  I can understand the SM mode to unlock existing designs on shipyards for when people forget to add that one component to their design.  The optional lock design option is so you don't make accidental changes if you are just browsing your design.  This bug exists for fighters and PDC's and any ships which don't have design on shipyard.

What needs to be changed though is locking designs if there are ships existing with that design, the same bug occurs if you retool a shipyard from one design to another but still have ships on the old design, any changes to that design will affect any ships in existence.

Current
If shipyard has design as assigned class or shipyard is retooling to design then lock design

Proposal
If shipyard has design as assigned class or shipyard is retooling to design or population industry building design then lock design
If ship has design then lock design

My recollection is that this bug has been seen before - maybe a year or two ago?  A repeat report is a good thing though - I don't remember if Steve said he fixed it or not....

John

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #257 on: April 20, 2014, 10:02:09 PM »
I got an error in CheckCrewMorale Error 3021 was generated by DAO.Field I get this 6 times and then error 3020 was generated by DO.Recordset
under it it says, Update or CancelUpdate without AddNew or Edit

The underlined words have been translated from swedish...

Cant play my game  :'(

Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #258 on: April 20, 2014, 10:14:18 PM »
Offcourse it seems that I found the problem... One of my fighters were almost destroyed, infact there were nothing working on that ship, it should have been destroyed... By SM repairing it it seems that the eroor has gone away...
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline SteelChicken

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #259 on: May 14, 2015, 07:00:03 AM »
While you're at it, it seems it can't handle apostrophes in squadron names either.

Created a squadron ages ago and added 10 fighters. Now that I want to launch them, I'm looping the following errors:

Error in CheckFleetName
Error 3075 generated DAO.Database
Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'RaceID = 302 and FleetName = 'Squadron #2 - Screamin' Demons #23".
Please report...

This squadron name still exists and is causing the looping error.

Offline Ostia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • O
« Reply #260 on: May 15, 2015, 12:03:07 PM »
This squadron name still exists and is causing the looping error.

I think your problem is that you used a ' in the squadron name. Aurora hates those.