Author Topic: Hauling Minerals  (Read 1238 times)

Offline tanq_tonic (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • t
Hauling Minerals
« on: February 24, 2010, 01:34:25 PM »
Would love to see a selection to "Haul equal amounts of minerals present" in the space.

Right now, I use 1 planet per system as a central mineral cache.  So to get an allotment to a planet in system or adjacent, I have to do "put in x pounds of gallicite", "x pounds of whatnot", to fill up a cargo.  Many times I want to get a balanced small load to the destination, so I end up sending 11 freighters, each individually loaded with a load of x, then combined into a big force, or do multiple "do x units of y" for the force.

It would be really nice to have a selection that effects "load a portion of every mineral present across the combined cargo of the force".

When you use the current "haul all minerals" selection, the amount of duranium is loaded first, and if the amt of duranium at a spot exceeds the cargo capacity of the force, you get a duranium onlu load.  And apparently this goes in serial order for each mineral is loaded for as much as exists on the planet, and if exhausted, then goes onto the next on the list.

Thanks again for a great game.

Just got back into it with 4.9, and the differences between that and 4.4 (where I was before) are astounding.  Can't wait to do 5.x, but will do so when this one finishes up.