Author Topic: Harvester problems and some more  (Read 1423 times)

Offline gogis79 (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • g
Harvester problems and some more
« on: February 13, 2010, 03:31:00 PM »
Not sure if it's correct section to ask this questions.

So i've made couple of harvesters with smegload of fuel tanks and some harvesting modules.
Sent it to Jupiter (insert any gas giant, tried all)
Well, they haplessly sit there for 5 years on 10% fuel, not harvesting anything.

Currently I am in a long time Sorium woes, so it's game breaker for me.
It's especially irritating, because i've spent like 2 hours browsing this forum to find an answer before asking  :cry:

p.s.
also, i dunno how to "drop off team" from any vessel, beacuse when i try to dblclick any team from appearing list - nothing happens

Thanks in advance

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Harvester problems and some more
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 04:41:13 PM »
Quote from: "gogis79"
Not sure if it's correct section to ask this questions.

So i've made couple of harvesters with smegload of fuel tanks and some harvesting modules.
Sent it to Jupiter (insert any gas giant, tried all)
Well, they haplessly sit there for 5 years on 10% fuel, not harvesting anything.

Currently I am in a long time Sorium woes, so it's game breaker for me.
It's especially irritating, because i've spent like 2 hours browsing this forum to find an answer before asking  :cry:

p.s.
also, i dunno how to "drop off team" from any vessel, beacuse when i try to dblclick any team from appearing list - nothing happens

Thanks in advance
Have you surveyed Jupiter to see if it has any Sorium in its atmosphere?

There are right-click menus on the Galactic Map. Just right-click on any system. Right-click menus for the System Map will be in v5.0. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2192

Check the location you are trying to drop the team off is a colony. Use the F9 window to add new colonies if required. Then use the Drop Off Team order for the fleet. You can't double-click the team so use the Add Move button instead.

Steve

Offline gogis79 (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • g
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 05:07:13 PM »
Thanks for fast answers.
Alas, seems all my solar giant listed as atmosphere:none in F9 menu, and yes, i've surveyed all bodys in Sol. Seems it's time to expand, i have no Sorium anywhere  :cry:

Yeah, "Add move" trick works with tems, mucho appreciation

Offline forsaken1111

• Leading Rate
  • f
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 07:26:51 AM »
Thanks for fast answers.
Alas, seems all my solar giant listed as atmosphere:none in F9 menu, and yes, i've surveyed all bodys in Sol. Seems it's time to expand, i have no Sorium anywhere  :cry:

Yeah, "Add move" trick works with tems, mucho appreciation
It isn't listed in the atmosphere section. Look at your geosurvey window, or just look at system information and see if they have sorium mineral deposits. Shows up in the same area as minerals on any other system body.

Offline gogis79 (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • g
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 07:58:52 AM »
Quote from: "forsaken1111"
Thanks for fast answers.
Alas, seems all my solar giant listed as atmosphere:none in F9 menu, and yes, i've surveyed all bodys in Sol. Seems it's time to expand, i have no Sorium anywhere  :?

Offline Micro102

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • M
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 03:09:13 PM »
The reason mars in uncolonizable is because every time you generate a new game, it randomly changes the tolerances of your species. Check the tutorial or make your own tolerances and write them down so you don't forget.

Sometimes Bodies just don't have minerals....I say keep restarting until you get lucky.

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 04:51:57 PM »
I am very new to a game, don't understand everything. Like why Mars in one game is colonisible and in other is not available  :?
You will only be able to colonise Mars if your gravity tolerance is 65% or greater. In v4.91 and earlier, gravity tolerance is generated randomly for new races. In v5.0, it will set to 70% for the first race you generate, although you can override that if you wish.

Steve

Offline forsaken1111

• Leading Rate
  • f
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 07:58:31 PM »
Quote from: gogis79
Thanks for fast answers.
Alas, seems all my solar giant listed as atmosphere:none in F9 menu, and yes, i've surveyed all bodys in Sol. Seems it's time to expand, i have no Sorium anywhere  :) That would be why they are not working.

From my understanding, it must be a gas giant with a sorium deposit. I have to say it's pretty rare in my experience for none of the gas giants in Sol to have it, my last few games have had at least 1 or 2.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 04:40:05 AM by forsaken1111 »

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 11:04:39 PM »
Quote from: "forsaken1111"
From my understanding, it must be a gas giant with a sorium deposit. I have to say it's pretty rare in my experience for none of the gas giants in Sol to have it, my last few games have had at least 1 or 2.

Thats interesting, my experience has been the exact opposite, ie, my current game has no Sorium in the Sol Gas Giants, and umm Actually I can't remember EVER finding Sorium in Sol's big 4,  usually if I do find it in a gas giant, it's been extra-solar

Matt
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.