Author Topic: Questions related to "Awaiting Acknowledgement" FAQ  (Read 1230 times)

Offline laserlasse (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • l
Questions related to "Awaiting Acknowledgement" FAQ
« on: March 14, 2010, 04:56:23 PM »
A question related to this -

When I order my task group to go training, the task fails with the message "Destination waypoint cannot be found". Do you have any idea what causes this?

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Questions related to "Awaiting Acknowledgement" FAQ
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 07:19:54 PM »
Split out from FAQ thread into The Academy.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 07:24:43 PM »
Quote from: "laserlasse"
A question related to this -

When I order my task group to go training, the task fails with the message "Destination waypoint cannot be found". Do you have any idea what causes this?

When TG are training, they (invisibly) set waypoints and move to them.  I've seen them get confused every now and then, and this error pops up.  It only seems to last a while (until they reach whatever destination they're going to) then it goes away.  I don't recall having seen this happen recently.  A few questions:

1)  Are you sure you're playing 5.02 (look in Help/About on the main (tiny) menu bar)?

2)  Have you been deleting waypoints in the system in which training is taking place?

3)  Is this happening every time you put a TG into training, and if so is it making the game unplayable?

John

PS - Please read the "where should I post" FAQ (which I'll be updating in a minute to explicitly mention that one should only post to FAQ if one has an FAQ to which one knows the answer :-) )  New user questions should generally go into The Academy.

Offline laserlasse (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • l
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 02:15:41 AM »
Thanks for the answer and the posting tip :)

1) I'm playing in 5.02
2) No waypoints have been deleted
3) The problem went away by itself today. Not sure why this was happening, but when I played yesterday it happened with 5 different task forces.

Offline rubberduck

• Leading Rate
  • r
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 03:56:39 AM »
I had the same problem first time I tried to set a fleet to training. I hadn't made any waypoints at all at that point. After getting the "Destination waypoint cannot be found" message a few times, I created a waypoint myself, and the fleet immediately started training.

Might just have been a coincidence, but doesn't seem that way.