Author Topic: Windows & font sizes  (Read 1604 times)

Offline shadowhunter402 (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
Windows & font sizes
« on: June 21, 2010, 05:00:03 PM »
ok  a friend turned me to this game and after buying a new gateway NV79 running windows 7 I am unable to size certain windows right, I am running 1600x900 res and my font size is normal at 100% does anyone have any ideas. oh also useing resize enable runner but its really buggy most of the time!

Offline symon

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Re: Windows & font sizes
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 07:58:06 PM »
IIRC, x900 is not enough. Try a x1024 screen resolution.
"You fertility deities are worse than Marxists," he said. "You think that's all that goes on between people."

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 01:08:24 AM »
Quote from: "shadowhunter402"
ok  a friend turned me to this game and after buying a new gateway NV79 running windows 7 I am unable to size certain windows right, I am running 1600x900 res and my font size is normal at 100% does anyone have any ideas. oh also useing resize enable runner but its really buggy most of the time!
What sort of bugs are you getting with ResizeEnable?  I'm using it with Windows 7 without any issues.
Welchbloke

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 06:20:34 PM »
well in class design window when i try to reze window i have to mess with it for 5 mins at least to be able to see buttons at bottom and even then some of the other options r unreadable. im not great with computers but this the game i have allways been looking for. also my graphics card does like 1024 anything even if i cutomize the settings it doesnt seem to help anymore ideas would be helpful

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 06:59:55 PM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"
What sort of bugs are you getting with ResizeEnable?  I'm using it with Windows 7 without any issues.
when i use resizeing tool have to fight with it to get buttons and even then everything else is messed up

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 07:04:30 PM »
ok after really messing witht the graphics card it will not let me go above 0000x900 no way what so ever, i guess i bought a crappy lap top :x

Offline dooots

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • d
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 01:19:04 AM »

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 07:52:11 AM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"
when i use resizeing tool have to fight with it to get buttons and even then everything else is messed up
RE is very sensitive to window size.  A syou have sen it moves buttons etc to fit the window sizeyou have specified.  I spent an hour or so just fiddling with window sizes until I found ones that suited my laptop.  Now I don't even have to think about it.
Welchbloke

Offline MattyD

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 08:35:58 AM »
I don't have to use a window resizer as I'm lucky enough to use XP. But, do these program leave behind a config file or anything, if so, would it not be possible to load up a group of file connected to specific resolutions?
My Newbie AAR

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 11:10:01 AM »
Quote from: "Matty_D"
I don't have to use a window resizer as I'm lucky enough to use XP. But, do these program leave behind a config file or anything, if so, would it not be possible to load up a group of file connected to specific resolutions?
ResizeEnable doesn't have that facility (At least I've never seen it).
Welchbloke