Author Topic: Boarding Tech  (Read 1347 times)

Offline bean (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • b
Boarding Tech
« on: February 18, 2011, 06:34:00 PM »
How is tech transfer handled after you board a ship?  I just staged an assault on an invader grav survey ship, and took it.  It has an absorption shield, but I still don't have that tech.  I've read that boarding a ship will give it to you.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 01:56:02 AM by Erik Luken »
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
Re: Boarding Tech
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 01:20:42 AM »
How is tech transfer handled after you board a ship?  I just staged an assault on an invader grav survey ship, and took it.  It has an absorption shield, but I still don't have that tech.  I've read that boarding a ship will give it to you.
You need to scrap the ship and then dissamble the components, but each tech has a number of research points.  If the disassembly doesn't give you enough to meet the research requirement you won't get it.  You will need accumulate enough.  Also note that for plasma torpedoes there are 4 different areas that you will need to accumulate research point in.

Given what your are talking about, you might consider adding spoiler tags to the areas I have when quoting you.
Welchbloke

Offline bean (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 02:28:58 PM »
Why is the existence of these technologies and factions secret?  Is it something that new people aren't allowed to know? 
But thanks for the response.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 03:45:40 PM »
It's about the surprise.
They have a lot of technology that is working differently, and they are fought in a different way.