Author Topic: Mining & production statistics  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Herode (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Mining & production statistics
« on: August 09, 2011, 11:42:21 AM »
I'm keeping an eye on the F2/Mining&Maintenance tab. Here is the picture : the Mercassium mines are depleted on Earth. I set mines on Mercury and send a few mass drivers there.

With a 5 days increment time, the Mining&Maintenance tab for Mercury says, on the Mercassium line :
Code: [Select]
Recent SP +/- : 0
Mass driver +/-: -7.1
I understand here that in the last 5 days, Mercury's automines have produced 7.1 units (tons ?) of Mercassium & the mass drivers have sent them to Earth (that's the destination they are set to).

But for Earth, the line says :
Code: [Select]
Recent SP +/- : -1
Mass driver +/-: 0

I would expect at least to have "Mass driver +/-:+7.1" here but this is never the case. The line always shows a 0 in this column. I guessed that the "recent SP" field says that during the 5 last days, the stockpile has been reduced by 1 unit of Mercassium. Again, this is not the case : each click on the 5 days button shows an increment of the stockpile of Mercassium, around 9 units - thanks to Mercury's packets I guess.

So, what do those columns mean ????

Offline Sloshmonger

• S
Re: Mining & production statistics
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 12:15:13 PM »
I think you have the idea right on what each means, but there are some subtleties.

First, I believe the SP +/- is affected by production/mining, not by transfers (mass driver/cargo ship).

Second, it takes time for that mineral packet to get from Mercury to Earth, and I think that the Mass Driver +/- is evaluated on the subpulse level, not on the time increment level.  If you do large subpulses, or small increments when the mass packet appears close to Earth, you should see that number change when the packet arrives.

Offline Thibaut

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 12:41:21 PM »
if you look at the system's map you'll see the packets (and their tonnage I think) flying

Offline Herode (OP)

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 02:53:45 PM »
This one is about asteroid mining. NB : I'm still playing 5.42.

I have sent a TG of 6 asteroid miners around asteroid #107. Each ship has 10 mining modules. But when I look at the F2 screen / Summary tab / Installation colum for #107, the Mining Modules in Orbit line only shows 35 mining modules.

Why 35 and not 60 ???

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 03:35:52 PM »
ii have noticed funnybusiness with miners.  first, check the production statistics on the summary page-- everything 100%?  Second, get all those miners, clear their orders, order them to space, merge their separate task groups (if multiple) then clear that then order them back to the asteroid.  See if that fixes it.  I've noticed strangeness if you send, for example, a newly built miner to join a taskgroup already in position, sometimes the game won't register that there is a new miner there.

Offline Herode (OP)

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 04:26:33 AM »
for example, a newly built miner to join a taskgroup already in position, sometimes the game won't register that there is a new miner there.
Everything is 100% on the asteroid but yes indeed, the miners have joined the TG as they were built by the shipyard, one at a time. I'll check this evening after work if your procedure allows the game to reset the count.

Offline Herode (OP)

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 11:35:32 AM »
That's fun : I asked the TG to move to a close location and then to move back to the #107 asteroid. Now, I have 71 mining modules in orbit (and not 60  :D)

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 11:43:18 AM »
officer bonuses :)  enjoy!

My new strategy is to move the miner to the object, then have it join the task group.  This works.  Im not sure if terraformers are affected by this bug.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 06:06:26 PM »
At least in 5.52 terraformers are not affected by this. I'll have to double-check asteroid miners.

Offline Thibaut

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 05:33:46 AM »
If I'm correct, both asteroid miners and terraformer ships take their bonuses from the commanding officer, but do not leverage the planetary governor bonus

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 05:35:09 AM »
If I'm correct, both asteroid miners and terraformer ships take their bonuses from the commanding officer, but do not leverage the planetary governor bonus
You are correct

Brian