Author Topic: Shipboard Ground HQ Component  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Borealis4x (OP)

• Commodore
Shipboard Ground HQ Component
« on: June 09, 2020, 12:03:10 AM »
What if there was a ship component you could design that allowed a ship to carry a ground HQ that could be connected to all ground units in the system?

I thought of this when I was debating how to model having a superior Marine HQ for all my Marine boarding parties on a Mothership. Currently, I can stuff Transport Bay holding a Marine HQ and then put the boarding parties under the HQ. However, since the boarding parties are all deployed via drop-ships as soon as they leave the mothership the chain-off-command is broken, rendering the HQ useless and the space used to stuff the Transport Bay wasted.

What I propose is a ship component with a customizable amount of ground HQ capacity that any ground unit in the system can attache to. This would be good not only to give Boarding squads a superior formation but also to allow system-wide ground campaigns or defense forces to be unified under one commander. So you could have I Corps invade Planet A while II Corps managed Planet B and they would all be under Army A.

The following users thanked this post: serger