Author Topic: Blocking systems from standing orders  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Lightning (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
Blocking systems from standing orders
« on: May 06, 2020, 10:41:59 PM »
How do I stop my survey fleets with standing orders from entering alien controlled systems and getting blown up? The survey nearest & move to system requiring survey orders are nice, or at least were up till now. On the galactic map, I do have the systems checked for Block from autoroute & military restricted system. Military restricted does at least seem to be keeping the civilian shipping out of the system at least.

Offline Caplin

Re: Blocking systems from standing orders
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 10:59:54 PM »
THere's a checkbox for "Avoid alien controlled," on the Naval Org tab for your fleet.

Offline Ehndras

• Voidwalker
  • E
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 11:31:00 PM »
^ That.

Also, system view -> Set each alien-controlled region as belonging to said alien.
"Boop!" goes the thermonuclear missile salvo

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 08:26:18 AM »
Alternately, you can tell them where to go instead of leaving them on 'set it & forget it' mode.  (I don't mean micromanage the actual exploration; simply that the player should be picking which system to head to next.)

Offline Lightning (OP)

• L
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 01:47:12 PM »
THere's a checkbox for "Avoid alien controlled," on the Naval Org tab for your fleet.
I tried that, but it doesn't seem to remember it. I check it, switch fleets & back to verify that it took. When window closed & reopened, it was unchecked again.

Offline Caplin

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 02:53:05 PM »
I tried that, but it doesn't seem to remember it. I check it, switch fleets & back to verify that it took. When window closed & reopened, it was unchecked again.

That's worth reporting as a bug then. It's possible the state of the checkbox isn't being remembered, or loaded properly when the window reopens. Alternatively, maybe that checkbox is intended for something else, like a specific order.

Either way, I'd report it.

Offline Lightning (OP)

• L
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 08:28:44 PM »

That's worth reporting as a bug then. It's possible the state of the checkbox isn't being remembered, or loaded properly when the window reopens. Alternatively, maybe that checkbox is intended for something else, like a specific order.

Either way, I'd report it.
Or my memory is faulty. I was late when I was doing this. Seems to be working fine now.