Author Topic: Tech Pts. Remaining  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Beersatron (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Tech Pts. Remaining
« on: March 28, 2009, 04:12:22 PM »
I am giving beta4 a run through and just let Aurora create the Sol system and the Race etc and it also created some ship classes and components, although I deleted the pre-made ship classes because I wanted to start fresh in that perspective.

Anyways, I am on the research screen and have 18000 'Tech Pts. Remaining' but can't figure out how to use them! Is it under the SM options? I thought that maybe they would automatically be used up when I started my first techs but it didn't and now I am stuck researching a tech that will take 10 years, hah!

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Tech Pts. Remaining
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 04:32:30 PM »
I think this is a bug. Did you randomly assign the points during creation?

If you didn't, you need to be in SM Mode, select the tech you want and click Instant.

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
Re: Tech Pts. Remaining
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 07:45:15 AM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"
I am giving beta4 a run through and just let Aurora create the Sol system and the Race etc and it also created some ship classes and components, although I deleted the pre-made ship classes because I wanted to start fresh in that perspective.

Anyways, I am on the research screen and have 18000 'Tech Pts. Remaining' but can't figure out how to use them! Is it under the SM options? I thought that maybe they would automatically be used up when I started my first techs but it didn't and now I am stuck researching a tech that will take 10 years, hah!
They should have been set to zero when the starting tech was generated. I've fixed that for the next version.

Steve