Author Topic: Military  (Read 1145 times)

Offline x2yzh9 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • x
Military
« on: January 16, 2010, 12:34:35 PM »
I have a squadron of 4 gunships armed with 15 missiles each. Will they auto-attack hostiles or do i need to command em to attack them? because um...

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Military
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 01:12:12 PM »
Quote from: "x2yzh9"
I have a squadron of 4 gunships armed with 15 missiles each. Will they auto-attack hostiles or do i need to command em to attack them? because um...

You need to give all attack commands.  The only thing that's automated is point-defence (and you need to turn the mode on for non-CIWS).

Also, whatever you did to attach your picture didn't work right - clicking on it doesn't bring up an unclipped view with scrollbars.  You might want to do a "quote" reply to one of the posts with a screenshot attached to see how to do it....

John

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 02:36:06 PM »
The combat organiser is the 12th button from the left along the top of that screen - the crosshairs. It will take a few times to get used to it.

You have to assign a launcher(s) to a fire control and then assign a missile type to them.

Targets that you can lock onto will appear in the lower left box and you click on a fire control then click on a target and then click on assign.

If you want to target the same thing using all your ships of the same design and they are in the same task group then you setup one of the ships and then use the 'fleet' buttons on the right.

Offline Mikeck

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • M
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 04:01:21 PM »
How about targeting incoming missles with my antimissle missles? Do I have to independently target each individual missle?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 04:32:26 PM »
Quote from: "Mikeck"
How about targeting incoming missles with my antimissle missles? Do I have to independently target each individual missle?
You can assign each fire control a point defence mode and it will engage automatically. On the Combat window (F8), the fire control modes are near the top right. I would suggest "three anti-missiles per target missile" as the starting mode and you can adjust from that as the combat progresses.

Don't forget once you set up one ship you can copy it to others of the same class. Also, if you are stuck you can press the Auto FC button on the Ship window (next to Close) and it will create a reasonable fire control setup that you can modify if you want to.

Steve