Author Topic: Active search systems  (Read 1079 times)

Offline mikew (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
Active search systems
« on: January 25, 2010, 08:07:02 PM »
I'm sure this has been posted somewhere, but I can't find it.  I've managed to build a fleet and send it through a warp point and am now surveying a binary system. It occurs to me though that I don't know if my active search sensors are on or not, nor how to change this if I did know.

As an aside, I think I'm going to have to restart.  My incompetent administration managed to LOSE a geological survey vessel in my home system, and I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO IT.   I'd fire the Commander, but he vanished with his ship and I note that I never assigned a fleet commander, so that only leaves... me.

Mike

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Active search systems
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 08:42:08 PM »
Quote from: "mikew"
I'm sure this has been posted somewhere, but I can't find it.  I've managed to build a fleet and send it through a warp point and am now surveying a binary system. It occurs to me though that I don't know if my active search sensors are on or not, nor how to change this if I did know.
Look in the "Ship Name" column of the Task Group (F12) screen (for the TG containing your ship, of course).  If there's an "(A)" next a ship's name, then its sensors are active.  You can change this by double-clicking on the ship, which opens the Individual Unit Details (F6) screen for the ship in question - go to the combat settings tab and you'll see red and green buttons and the current status.  I think you should also see a range circle on the system (F3) display if your actives are on and you've ticked the appropriate checkboxes.
As an aside, I think I'm going to have to restart.  My incompetent administration managed to LOSE a geological survey vessel in my home system, and I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO IT.   I'd fire the Commander, but he vanished with his ship and I note that I never assigned a fleet commander, so that only leaves... me.

Ummm is this meant to be a bug/weirdness report, or did you accidentally delete the ship/TG (or let it run out of spares and watch it blow up)?

John