Author Topic: My little questions thread  (Read 2668 times)

Offline Nibelung44 (OP)

• Commander
Re: My little questions thread
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 12:14:15 AM »
l) Why check the conscript box when designing a class? This is what led me to think that somehow you can move crews around and/or that were was a kind of experienced crews pool to tap into.

Offline Vanigo

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2010, 12:29:57 AM »
There is a trained crewman pool to tap into. A conscript crew starts with a crew grade of 0, giving it a -10% crew grade modifier. Trained crewmen start with at least 100 (for a 0% modifier), depending on the training level you've set. The higher your training level, the fewer crewmen you train each year. Setting ships to use conscripts only is useful for cargo ships and the like because they don't need crew grade, and it saves trained crewmen for your important ships.
Crewmen are trained by military academies. I don't remember exactly how many each one gives you per year, though.

Offline Nibelung44 (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2010, 05:45:51 AM »
ok... very interesting info then!

There is indeed in the Teams/Academy tab a box with number of crewmen. I guess thus that if you scrap a ship over your planet, the experienced crew is added back? I would hope so and will test that!

This game is awesome  ;D

m) Is the nature of the officer joining you (i.e Naval, Ground, Scientist) altered somehow by the current number you have in each kind? Say you lose all your ground commanders, will you have more chance to receive ground officers when the next batch arrive? A kind of auto-correct function then, when where there is a lack, it is compensated. ? That would make sense and that would be cool too  ;)

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2010, 06:49:33 AM »
Sadly, I think thats not the case.
Also, the crew is more likely dispersed, so instead of having more experienced crew in the pool, the pool grows more.
In your race info, you are able to increase your training level, however, the number of crewmen you gain per academy are devided by that level.