Author Topic: Armoring Engines/Powerplants  (Read 2169 times)

Offline Jekolmy (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • J
Armoring Engines/Powerplants
« on: July 17, 2012, 09:55:18 PM »
Hi,

I have been reading in the wiki that you can armor your engines/powerplants directly, as opposed to just increasing the overall ship armor, but I have been unable to determine how to actually armor them.  Thanks. 

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: Armoring Engines/Powerplants
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 11:22:22 PM »
Not sure but I think that was in an earlier version. Not possible now. In "reality" its quit hard to armor a engine, its easier and cheaper to build a armour around the compartment or on the outer hull of the ship or building.
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Jekolmy (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • J
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 02:25:41 PM »
Quote from: ExChairman link=topic=5090. msg52037#msg52037 date=1342585342
Not sure but I think that was in an earlier version.  Not possible now.  In "reality" its quit hard to armor a engine, its easier and cheaper to build a armour around the compartment or on the outer hull of the ship or building.

Thanks.  I can see armoring a powerplant more so than an engine, but I had not realized that that functionality had been removed.  Thank you very much.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 05:27:39 PM »
It is removed, but larger powerplants have a higher HTK, which makes riskier and more prone to explosion powerplants feasible.