Author Topic: dll problem  (Read 2777 times)

Offline Cfant (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • C
dll problem
« on: January 26, 2015, 08:09:52 AM »
Aurora runs fine it seems, only if I click the system view, error 713 appears: msstdfmt. dll is missing.  I have downloaded the file, but no idea, where it belongs ;) how can I make it running?

thanks!

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: dll problem
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 09:34:59 AM »
How did you install it? Did you just download the newest version or did you install older versions and upgraded? Because you're supposed to install the older version (5.54 i think) and upgrade it bit by bit (to a 6.2 version, then to 6.4, then to the newest). Or you could use the "unofficial" full install, but for the life of me I cant seem to find it again (maybe it got taken down?).
Edit; Found the full installer to 6.2 http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,6901.0.html
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 10:02:09 AM »
I had the same problem when I started playing. Apparently, this program has the DLL you need, so installing it should fix the problem. You can uninstall the program afterwords.

I personally didn't have any luck trying to install the DLL directly.

Offline Cfant (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • C
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 02:01:32 PM »
Thanks for the tipps!
A few minutes ago I got the tipp to try the portable version  - this works without any problems :)

Offline WHCnelson

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • W
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 06:50:59 AM »
I also had this problem in the past and I had it occur again after reinstalling Aurora bit by bit.  I then went to this site: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,6901.0.html and downloaded and installed the Aurora Wrapper which had the correct drives...  ;D  However, ??? I have noticed that even with the generator NPC link disabled I have had a higher occurrence of encountering a NPC or one of the races I am working against.   So, I don't know if the person who created the Wrapper adjusted the NPC encounter calculation...  Still, its still a good game....

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 08:41:36 AM »
There shouldn't be any change to NPR spawn chance except for the options you use when you generate the map, you can also change the spawn rate each time you load the game too.
Since it's random maybe you're just having better luck?
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "