Author Topic: C# Aurora Blind Accessibility?  (Read 2191 times)

Offline Caplin (OP)

C# Aurora Blind Accessibility?
« on: January 05, 2018, 02:39:57 PM »
Hi Steve and All,

I was just wondering if it might be possible to comment on the (potential?) accessibility of this version of Aurora for the blind. I adore the VB6 version, but it's unfortunately difficult for me to play due to my new laptop's screen resolution refusing to cooperate.

I have recently become interested in this topic more professionally, as I've begun working in the accessibility field. The VB6  game was accessible mostly by accident, and thanks to some changes made by Steve, in particular the addition of map coordinates to system bodies.

I realize C# is a ways away from anything playable, but I'd love to be at least assured that there's a possibility. Thank you for your help and understanding :)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Star Marshal
  • S
Re: C# Aurora Blind Accessibility?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 02:59:05 PM »
I can't see why C# would be any less accessible than VB6, although it will a while before I can turn my attention to fixing any issues in that area.

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 04:44:26 PM »
Do you use a third party application, or do you "mod" the game?

Offline Caplin (OP)

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 06:38:53 PM »
I use a third-party application called a screen reader. It's not ideal, some screens are pretty confusing, but it works well enough, or would if I could find a way to make my laptop do 1280X1024 or 1280x800.

Thanks for the reassurance, Steve. I wish you every success with the new version and hope I'll be able to try it out sometime.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 06:41:21 PM by Caplin »