Author Topic: No Limit on Commander Themes in C# Please  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Lucifer, the Morning Star (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • L
No Limit on Commander Themes in C# Please
« on: February 20, 2018, 07:15:42 PM »
So I don't know if I just missed it, but a feature of VB6 Aurora that mildly irritates me is the fact you can only have up to 5 pools of name lists to draw off of.  In my opinion, this is simply not enough to represent a multi-system empire.  Hell, it's not even enough to represent Earth.  Now I know that there is the Nations of Earth theme, but what if I'm going with an alternate scenario? Please, Please let us have more pools to draw off of. 

The following users thanked this post: Prapor, the obelisk

Offline Person012345

• Captain
Re: No Limit on Commander Themes in C# Please
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 04:41:54 AM »
I believe there is a way for you to make one and submit it for use.

Offline Lucifer, the Morning Star (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 12:03:57 AM »
Quote from: Person012345 link=topic=9840. msg106711#msg106711 date=1519209714
I believe there is a way for you to make one and submit it for use.

See, but I'm not trying to create a new theme.  In the Race menu (ctrl + f2,) You have your Commander Name Theme, with the additional option of up to 4 more themes.  I would like this list to be expanded, due to the ability to on-the-fly change themes as well as have varying percentages.

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 02:35:57 AM »
Oh I see. Well I believe you can change the chosen themes whilst playing and you can set their percentages but fair enough for wanting more.

Offline Tree

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 03:58:26 AM »
Nations of Earth is an empire theme, not a commander theme. It's a set of ship classes names and ranks.
I wish commander name themes could be mixed in-game too, so you could have say a spanish first name with a german last name. I know the United States commander theme can do that but it still largely outputs English-american names.

Offline the obelisk

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • t
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 09:11:56 AM »
Nations of Earth is an empire theme, not a commander theme. It's a set of ship classes names and ranks.
I wish commander name themes could be mixed in-game too, so you could have say a spanish first name with a german last name. I know the United States commander theme can do that but it still largely outputs English-american names.
If I remember correctly, in C# players will be able to create commander themes, do you could just make a custom theme that combines the first and last name pools of whatever theme you want.  Doesn't help if you want separate pools though, which I imagine Lucifer does since he didn't mention combing pools, just wanting the ability to use more at once.