Author Topic: Tips for new beginner?  (Read 3396 times)

Offline TT

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
Re: Tips for new beginner?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2016, 04:48:17 PM »
Terraforming with terraforming buildings is not the best way to do it.  Not only does it put a strain on your frieghter fleet, it takes population to perform. Using terraforming modules on ships is a much more efficient approach. I set up a dock to start building a terraforming ship and just keep building it until I get maybe thirty of them. The ships don't use population to operate and they can travel around terraforming my empire.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 12:36:32 AM »
Unless you do a conventional start, then theres so many important things to research that by the time I have terraforming modules mars is usually done by ground based facilities alone.
Shortly after finishing my conversion of conventional facilities I'm building 2 terraforming buildings a year which go straight to mars, by then it usually only takes about 15-20 years to get mars finished, taking into account a good terraforming administrator, and at least the first level of increased terraforming gas production.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline TT

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2016, 05:02:41 PM »
If you don't start with them Then Sol based terraforming buildings work. Their proximity to earth means you can easily ramp up the infrastructure transfer, get colonists in those colonies and then the pop requirements are easily addressed. Plus you can transfer the facilities around. Once you get out of Sol though, I find the colonist requirements really hurts.  I find that getting colonists to the colonies outside sol to be the biggest limiting factor in growing my empire.  So I try to substitute ship components for population whenever I can.