Author Topic: Changes to civilians from 5.40 -> 5.70?  (Read 1240 times)

Offline jseah (OP)

• Captain
  • j
Changes to civilians from 5.40 -> 5.70?
« on: May 14, 2012, 02:02:59 PM »
I came back to Aurora from 5.40 and started a new game. 

Thing is, I am at Feburary of my 8th year and I have 6 shipping lines.  Been getting one line per year and a half or so since I colonized my mars-equivalent (non-sol start).  I do not recall shipping lines being so prolific in my previous games. 
True, I started the game by plonking down 2 levels of expand civ. economy to fuel my infrastructure needs and they *have* been earning a load of cash and I have let the civ. mines earn me tax.  Do any of those now affect shipping lines?  At the rate they are going, I will soon need to start culling their ships to prevent slowness. 

Has there been some kind of change to civilian behaviour and rates?

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Changes to civilians from 5.40 -> 5.70?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 03:04:57 PM »
To my knowledge no there have not been changes like this, civ stuff has always been a bit dependent on the whims of the RNG, looks like you got lucky this time.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Changes to civilians from 5.40 -> 5.70?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 04:01:29 PM »
I came back to Aurora from 5.40 and started a new game. 

Thing is, I am at Feburary of my 8th year and I have 6 shipping lines.  Been getting one line per year and a half or so since I colonized my mars-equivalent (non-sol start).  I do not recall shipping lines being so prolific in my previous games. 
True, I started the game by plonking down 2 levels of expand civ. economy to fuel my infrastructure needs and they *have* been earning a load of cash and I have let the civ. mines earn me tax.  Do any of those now affect shipping lines?  At the rate they are going, I will soon need to start culling their ships to prevent slowness. 

Has there been some kind of change to civilian behaviour and rates?

No, there haven't been any recent changes to shipping lines.

Steve