Author Topic: Recreational Modules 6.21  (Read 1969 times)

Offline RottenBanana (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • R
Recreational Modules 6.21
« on: May 26, 2013, 05:08:10 PM »
Can somebody explain to me how to use recreational modules? I put one on a ship and moved it to the same position as my missile boat, but the morale of the missile boat is still dropping like normal.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 06:10:43 PM by RottenBanana »

Offline telegraph

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • t
Re: Recreational Modules
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 05:46:44 PM »
Maybe you need them stationed at a body with a (underpopulated/empty) colony?

Offline RottenBanana (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • R
Re: Recreational Modules 6.21
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 06:24:56 PM »
I had one recreational ship stationed at Pluto (uncolonized) that just sat there for a while until it finally started to reset its own morale, but the other ship is with my missile boat on Mercury (also uncolonized) and the morale isn't getting better for either of them.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 03:04:32 AM »
I noticed that ships affecting the body (such as those equipped with terraforming modules) you need to issue a move order to the body for it to work.

So for example moving them there with a absorb / join TG order won't trigger the effect on the body. Perhaps you did something similar with your ships that causes their effect to not trigger?

Offline sonofliberty

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • s
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 06:01:56 AM »
Can you put those on jump point defense bases and/or monitors to increase effective deployment times of the monitors and/or bases?

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 06:44:13 AM »
Recreational modules like all of the ship based modules that mimic planetary buildings need to be in orbit of a colony.  A colony in this case is any bit of ground that you have designated as a colony.  It could be a chunk of asteroid, a moon, a comet, or a planet. 

When they first came out there was a glitch in that the ship a recreational module was on did not get the benifit of the module.  Essentially you needed two ships together for all ships involved to get the benifit.  I think this was changed with the last update, or is supposed to be changed for the next update.

To answer your question about putting them with a jump point defense force.  It would not work as there would be no colony available to activate them unless you were incredibly lucky and had an asteroid close enough.

Brian