Author Topic: Agressive Negotiations  (Read 4160 times)

Offline Gabethebaldandbold

• last member of the noob swarm
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Agressive Negotiations
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2019, 12:34:20 PM »
maybe thats just their special way of saying hello to their neighbours... I dont know how their race reacts to neutral powers, they might just shoot them, and then about when you were leaving, your diplomacy team just punched the relations up to somewhat friendly, since you didn't care to shoot back and make them more hostile against you...
To beam, or not to beam.   That is the question
the answer is you beam. and you better beam hard.

Offline Seolferwulf

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2019, 12:33:26 PM »
When I encounter an NPR in a new system I usually park my ships at the entrance, activate the transponder for a bit and then just leave the system.
With this I make sure they know my civ exists while minimizing the stress I cause them for having ships in their territory.
If they don't know you exist and you start communications all it does is improving your civ's opinion of them, but their's will stay the same.
Obviously they won't grant any privileges either.

So my guess is when you found the NPR you pulled your ships back before they could detect them, after which you started one-sided diplomatic communications.
When they didn't show any reaction you wondered what was going on and took a peek with another ship, at which point they finally noticed you.
They fired at you, you pulled back without retaliating, and somehow their opinion of your civ improved enough to grant trade access.

Not sure why they fired so few missiles, though.

Offline Gabethebaldandbold

• last member of the noob swarm
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2019, 02:23:03 PM »

Not sure why they fired so few missiles, though.
warning shots? or maybe the ships are not very well designed...
To beam, or not to beam.   That is the question
the answer is you beam. and you better beam hard.

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2019, 09:02:52 PM »
Well, the negotiations WERE short...

Offline Adseria (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2019, 07:18:59 AM »
maybe thats just their special way of saying hello to their neighbours... I dont know how their race reacts to neutral powers, they might just shoot them, and then about when you were leaving, your diplomacy team just punched the relations up to somewhat friendly, since you didn't care to shoot back and make them more hostile against you...

It's not that I didn't want to; the only weapons my ship had were a single CIWS :)