Author Topic: Third Terran Imperium  (Read 2544 times)

Offline ExChairman (OP)

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Third Terran Imperium
« on: September 20, 2021, 06:44:13 AM »
No pictures imported from a word dokument, so I try a PDF file instead
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

The following users thanked this post: nuclearslurpee

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Third Terran Imperium
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 09:53:27 AM »
For images you will need to use an off-site host such as Imgur and insert images into the post with the BBCode editor.

Interesting setup, I don't think we've ever seen Space Sweden before so this will be interesting, especially starting in 1750 which is to say the least an original start date in Aurora.

Offline RougeNPS

• Lt. Commander
  • R
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 11:45:02 AM »
I knew those Swedes were up to something with all their tasty meatballs and Ikea.

Please tell me that all your ships come with Ikea instruction booklets and Alan wrenches.  ;D ;D

Looking forward to reading this one.

Offline El Pip

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 02:39:39 PM »
Please tell me that all your ships come with Ikea instruction booklets and Alan wrenches.  ;D ;D
50% penalty to shipdbuilding speed because it takes the workforce several hours each day just to navigate through the badly laid out yard. Why yes I do have bad memories of trying to navigate IKEA shops, why do you ask?

The following users thanked this post: RougeNPS

Offline ExChairman (OP)

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2021, 07:23:39 AM »
50% penalty to shipbuilding speed because it takes the workforce several hours each day just to navigate through the badly laid out yard. Why yes I do have bad memories of trying to navigate IKEA shops, why do you ask?

He the selling point is to keep you inside as long as possible, don't think that's in manufacture way of life, fast and cheap, but I can see my workforce, looking at the paper building plans, turning it one way or the other to get whats supposed to be fitted into "that" slot...  ;D

On the other hand it was worse before, okay, many years ago, the smart ones opened their packages at IKEA, almost putting everything into what is was supposed to be, to see which nut, bolt or screw that were missing... :D

Interesting setup, I don't think we've ever seen Space Sweden before so this will be interesting, especially starting in 1750 which is to say the least an original start date in Aurora.

I had a try at this before, but newer like this, so I hope it will work, shall try and work on my grammar to, but now a days a work fulltime so their will be a lag...
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Offline ExChairman (OP)

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 03:31:42 AM »
1st January 1750, Terra: The first orders go out to the empire.

High King Carl XII appoints Isabelle Gustafsson as civilian leader of Terra, he still retains his power over the military.

Construction: Takes from 10 years to almost 60 to complete but will get faster as more factories comes online.

•   250 construction factories using 72% of available production capacity.
•   10 Research facilities using 10% of available production capacity.
•   8 New military academies using 10% of available production capacity.
•   50 Maintenance facilities using 5% of available production capacity.
•   50 Financial centres using 3% of available production capacity.

We restart all shipyards, it is expected to be in use by the end of 1750, the first ships planned is civilians, freighter, colony ships and a survey ship. But also, a frigate as system defence.

Research: We will concentrate on power research, the capable scientist Ylva Limell is given 10 centres to try and get the Ion engines as fast as possible.
A survey drone is also under development, this will hopefully be ready in a few weeks, but fire control and a launcher are needed to. But we need to send a drone to Mars and see what’s happening with the colony there, its an untried approach but the King wants desperately the info.
But after a few days, a new company, Bassani Aero Engines, puts a proposal to the King, a small ship, less than 250 tons could be built, with the small fighter factories sitting idle, not more than 10 men and e few months of deployment time, it will not be fast, but a ship that can travel to Mars and back with the information, the King agrees and the small ship is planned.
By late mars, the last component to build the small ship Searcher is produced.

Searcher class Scout      233 tons       9 Crew       46 BP       TCS 5    TH 5    EM 0
1077 km/s      Armour 1-3       Shields 0-0       HTK 3      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 0      PPV 0
Maint Life 9.17 Years     MSP 12    AFR 4%    IFR 0.1%    1YR 0    5YR 4    Max Repair 20 MSP
Örlogskapten    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Morale Check Required   

Bassani Aero Engines Nuclear Thermal Engine  EP5.00 (1)    Power 5.0    Fuel Use 189.74%    Signature 5.00    Explosion 10%
Fuel Capacity 20 000 Litres    Range 8.2 billion km (87 days at full power)

Tuominen-Hirvonen Active Search Sensor AS20-R100 (1)     GPS 1200     Range 20.3m km    Resolution 100

It will take ca 2 months to build it in the available fighter factories on Terra.
By late April, the Kings financial advisers reports that the Empire is in danger of bankruptcy, in less than 6 months we will have used all we have, the army is eating us out of the house and we need to downsize it. The plans are to disband 2 garrison brigades, South Europe and south Asia and see what that does to the treasury.

15 June, 18.00, Terra the Searcher is built and launched into orbit, Commander Lydia Laugel is given command and after 6 hours of test it puts it nose towards Mars, or where it will bee when they arrive, in less than 24 hours.

16th June, 14.00, Near Mars Contact! Sir I see ships on the sensors, they seems to be in a heap... No that cant bee right...

16th June, 14.00, 3 Mkm from Mars Sir! Its NOT ships in a heap, its several debris fields, what I can see is that every ship has been destroyed

16th June 14.10 2.8 Mkm from Mars Searcher comes to a stop and during 5 hours stands there looking, searching, and then at 19.00 starts mowing in to Mars, seending a message to Earth Fleet HQ, with all information.

16th June Mars Orbit 100 kkm from former Cydonia Fleet anchorage, All ships in Mars orbit seems to have been hit by a shower of meteors, the last clues is the wrecked research station on Mars, the meteors have gone throe the ships and then rained down on the station, the 20 000 workers and scientists are dead. Some seems to have survived a time after the event, what we can find is that its been natural. There seems to be up to 8 or 9 research modules that can be transported back to Terra, when we have that ability, again.

24th June 1750, Terra, Searcher returns to Terra and is mothballed.

22nd August 1750, Terra Ylva Limell is finished with the theory of Improved Nuclear Thermal Engine and starts the research for Pebbel Bed reactors this should be finished by the end of 1750

1st January 1751, Terra Ylva Limill makes the pebbel bed reactor, work, also in theory and starts with Nuclear Pulse Engine Theory.

We also is on red in treasury, someone made an error when sending the order to disband certain units, it seems that only the higher HQs were disbanded while the other units still went on with their daily works, so now we are some 2000 million Riksdaler in deficit... This has now being rectified, but since it now are an emergency, both fuel and maintenance parts have been closed down... We also are trying to increase the taxbase by finding new taxes, and almost terminating the building of research, maintenance and academy building, these are getting 5 of construction capacity each, only to keep it running. Financial centres are up to 25% and should be able to build 7 each year.

1st July 1751, Terra The first space ship is laid down in the orbital shipyards, HMS Discovery is expected to be finished late Mars 1753.

Discovery class Geological Survey Vessel      2 796 tons       61 Crew       450.3 BP       TCS 56    TH 80    EM 0
1430 km/s      Armour 1-17       Shields 0-0       HTK 22      Sensors 5/5/0/3      DCR 22      PPV 0
Maint Life 5.57 Years     MSP 201    AFR 31%    IFR 0.4%    1YR 11    5YR 164    Max Repair 200 MSP
Kommendörkapten    Control Rating 2   BRG   SCI   
Intended Deployment Time: 36 months    Morale Check Required   

Phadke & Shenoy Commercial Improved Nuclear Thermal Engine  EP80.00 (1)    Power 80.0    Fuel Use 6.71%    Signature 80.00    Explosion 5%
Fuel Capacity 370 000 Litres    Range 354.9 billion km (2872 days at full power)

Bourgeois Sensor Systems Thermal Sensor TH1.0-5.0 (1)     Sensitivity 5     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  17.7m km
Chéng Sensor Systems EM Sensor EM1.0-5.0 (1)     Sensitivity 5     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  17.7m km
Advanced Geological Sensors (1)   3 Survey Points Per Hour

1st January 1752, Terra An increase in tax has been implemented, its estimated that this will give some 15% more in income per fiscal year.

1st Mars 1752, Terra A survey Command is formed headed by RADM Oliver Ling, Captain Casper Lundgren is named captain of HMS Discovery, which should bee ready in a forthnight.

1st January 1753, Terra Our income is on plus, barely... Still we are some 4500 million Riksdaler in debt. New cuts are discussed.

14th Mars 1753, Terra, HMS Discovery is being launched, shakedown cruise goes to Luna, and its scientific instruments are fine tuned for the geological survey of Sol system.

Early April 1753, Sol system, HMS Discovery is checking Mars, Venus and Mercury for mineral, all three have some deposit's, Venus more than any planet so far checked

Mars having only having ca.: 4 300 000, acc. 0.90 Duranium

Venus

Mercury

10th May, 1753, Sol system, Sir! there is something odd on the sensors, I am getting a ping of something big, to big for an asteroid, almost a small planet. Captain Lundgren moves next to the sensor operator, saying There is no planets in the asteroid belt, ensign! Yes Sir! ahh no Sir! there is something out there, that shouldn't bee there. 7 hours later they enter a low orbit over the planet, there scanner soon detects some minerals but also structures, built by a unknown species, its covering all of the old surface, giant craters on other parts of the planets reveals a cold interior. Captain Lundgren gives the planet his late wife's maiden name, Ceres and send the information to Fleet HQ on Terra.

Being small, less than a 1000 km in diameter, its perhaps a tenth of a former planet, scientist on Earth is ecstatic, this is proof a an old planet that broke up and formed the asteroid belt,

Ceres

There is much debate among the surviving "old" scientist about this, is it time travel or are we in a alternate universe. The debate rages on for years...

During the next year, HMS Discovery is moving around the planets and moons of Sol System, finding a few sites were there is minerals to be mined, the best one is Venus.

1st August 1755, Terra the first 2 freighters are built and starts a new colony at Mars, transferring infrastructures to Mars and tries to reclaim several research stations.

Freighter Type 1 class Freighter      39 901 tons       171 Crew       484 BP       TCS 798    TH 500    EM 0
626 km/s      Armour 1-104       Shields 0-0       HTK 54      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 1      PPV 0
MSP 7    Max Repair 50 MSP
Cargo 25 000    Cargo Shuttle Multiplier 12   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months   

Alten Engines Limited Commercial Nuclear Thermal Engine  EP62.5 ( 8 )    Power 500.0    Fuel Use 6.71%    Signature 62.5    Explosion 5%
Fuel Capacity 250 000 Litres    Range 16.8 billion km (310 days at full power)

1st September 1755, Terra, Our debt has at last started to fall and was under 4000 million Riksdaler, slowly gaining income

22 September 1755, Mercury The first civilian enterprise stats up at Mercury, the mining colony is sponsored by Willis Mineral Group.

13th June 1757, Terra The first colony ship is launched, the type 1 ship is given the unofficial name of Mayflower.

Colony Type 1 class Colony Ship      39 512 tons       256 Crew       1 437.3 BP       TCS 790    TH 500    EM 0
632 km/s      Armour 1-103       Shields 0-0       HTK 65      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 1      PPV 0
MSP 22    Max Repair 100 MSP
Cryogenic Berths 100 000    Cargo Shuttle Multiplier 10   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months   

Alten Engines Limited Commercial Nuclear Thermal Engine  EP62.5 ( 8 )    Power 500.0    Fuel Use 6.71%    Signature 62.5    Explosion 5%
Fuel Capacity 250 000 Litres    Range 17 billion km (310 days at full power)

1st July 1757, Terra Debt is under 2800 million Riksdaler.

1st November 1757, Terra Ylva Limell manages to make a small working Ion engine protype, scaling up to a military and commercial design starts immediately.

13th November 1757, Terra Carl XII dies during his sleep of natural causes.

24th December 1757, Terra Carl XIII is crowned, High King of Terra and Emperor of the settled planets.

1st January, 1758, Ceres A research base is established on Ceres to try and find clues to its old inhabitants. ( Not having any troop transport capability, I am roleplaying it a bit, sending 18 infrastructures, equipment's and a few scientist in cryo there. )

Xeno Research base
Transport Size (tons) 218     Cost 8.72     Armour 8     Hit Points 16
Annual Maintenance Cost 1.1     Resupply Cost 0
Xenoarchaeology Equipment:      Xenoarchaeology Points 0.5
Xenoarchaeology Equipment:      Xenoarchaeology Points 0.5
Non-Combat Class

13th December 1759, Terra A crowd of a million are led by High King Carl XIII, greeting the HMS Discovery crew as they return to Terra after almost 6 years in the SOL system, their picture of the planets, moons, asteroids and of course the Ceres find has given us much you and much to debate over. The ship is in dire need of a lot of TLC and possible an upgrade to the new ION engines.

20th December, 1759, Mars The first new colonist arrive, building a new colony site, a mile away from the research base, several mines also starts to arrive and in a few years the first construction factories will also be sent. Fátima Miranda is given the job of governor for the small colony.

24th December 1759, Terra In china a baby girl is born, officially number 2 000 000 000 of the human race, she is given the name Li Wang

31st December 1759, Terra New years night and with a decade of progress the human race is back into space, there is still much to do.

Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

The following users thanked this post: nuclearslurpee

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 11:56:09 AM »
We restart all shipyards, it is expected to be in use by the end of 1750, the first ships planned is civilians, freighter, colony ships and a survey ship. But also, a frigate as system defence.

Shipyards in 1750, truly this is not human history as we know it.  :P

16th June Mars Orbit 100 kkm from former Cydonia Fleet anchorage, All ships in Mars orbit seems to have been hit by a shower of meteors, the last clues is the wrecked research station on Mars, the meteors have gone throe the ships and then rained down on the station, the 20 000 workers and scientists are dead. Some seems to have survived a time after the event, what we can find is that its been natural. There seems to be up to 8 or 9 research modules that can be transported back to Terra, when we have that ability, again.

Out of all the things that could possibly have destroyed a fleet at anchor, this is probably one of the least ominous. Still, probably wise to invest in some anti-meteor defenses. Just for, um, reasons.

1st July 1751, Terra The first space ship is laid down in the orbital shipyards, HMS Discovery is expected to be finished late Mars 1753.

This is an awfully long-ranged space ship, notably this fuel capacity well exceeds the deployment time and probably the maintenance lifetime as well. Probably less fuel would be needed and instead an extra survey sensor would be preferable.

The survey results indicate that duranium is the one thing our major Solar colonies will not be lacking. Hopefully the asteroids and comets will provide an ample supply of other necessities, notably corundium and gallicite are both critical for continued Swedish expansion.

24th December 1759, Terra In china a baby girl is born, officially number 2 000 000 000 of the human race, she is given the name Li Wang

I am incredibly curious how we have managed to count 2 billion humans so precisely, this is a daunting if not impossible task and I suspect that "officially" is doing much heavy lifting in this sentence.

Alien ruins on Ceres of all places, that's rather curious and unique I think. Hopefully some exciting mysteries will begin to take shape on that often forgotten little planet...

Offline RougeNPS

• Lt. Commander
  • R
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2021, 12:42:58 PM »
I am incredibly curious how we have managed to count 2 billion humans so precisely, this is a daunting if not impossible task and I suspect that "officially" is doing much heavy lifting in this sentence.

Not to get to meta here, but considering that there are still places deep in both South America and Africa that arent explored completely yet, and the fact that human trafficking is still a thing, its pretty likely that even our current world population is about a million or so higher than what we think it is.

So yes, officially is doing a heck of a lot of heavy lifting in this sentence.

Offline El Pip

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2021, 02:27:12 PM »

I think you are missing the key point - the girl is "Number" 2 billion. I.e. she is the 2 billionth person the bureaucracy have assigned a number to, and without an official government number does that person even exist? Of course not, because if the person existed then they would have a number. Some people may complain about this, but as they don't have a number they don't exist and so can safely be ignored.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2021, 03:44:33 PM »
I think you are missing the key point - the girl is "Number" 2 billion. I.e. she is the 2 billionth person the bureaucracy have assigned a number to, and without an official government number does that person even exist? Of course not, because if the person existed then they would have a number. Some people may complain about this, but as they don't have a number they don't exist and so can safely be ignored.

I now demand a side update looking into how much money has been paid to the Swedish Imperial Government for the honor of having certain numbers such as 42, 69, and the like. In fact I bet this Chinese girl has some parents with dirty money and few compunctions about bribery to thank for her nice, round number.