Author Topic: (v0.5.16) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer  (Read 40143 times)

Offline cdombroski

• Able Ordinary Rate
Re: (v0.4.1) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2020, 07:40:45 AM »
The extra flight crew births of hanger decks and boat bays are not included in the ship planning calculations.
As mentioned in the C# changes list a hangar deck automatically add 20 flight crew births on top of the 15 crew required for the deck itself.  A boat bay appears to create 19 flight crew births, not sure how much a small boat bay creates.

hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=8495. msg104051#msg104051

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
Re: (v0.4.1) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2020, 09:20:09 AM »
The extra flight crew births of hanger decks and boat bays are not included in the ship planning calculations.
As mentioned in the C# changes list a hangar deck automatically add 20 flight crew births on top of the 15 crew required for the deck itself.  A boat bay appears to create 19 flight crew births, not sure how much a small boat bay creates.

hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=8495. msg104051#msg104051

Confirmed. I thought the change was just 'fluff'. It seems all hangar decks and boat bays add 20 extra crew births. The 19 you saw is likely a bug that is to be fixed in the next Aurora release (http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11565.msg135399#msg135399).

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
Re: (v0.4.2) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2020, 08:13:16 PM »
v0.4.2 is out :)

* fixed a bug where the flight crew for the hangar decks are not included in the crew quarter calculations.

Offline Cobaia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • C
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2020, 09:33:54 AM »
Hello,

In version v0.3.3 you corrected the Plasma-Core Anti-Matter Drive power. In v0.4.1 the power is 60EP per HS. In my game I'm getting 64EP per HS.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. But I believe the value is wrong.

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2020, 09:58:12 AM »
Hello,

In version v0.3.3 you corrected the Plasma-Core Anti-Matter Drive power. In v0.4.1 the power is 60EP per HS. In my game I'm getting 64EP per HS.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. But I believe the value is wrong.

I must be daydreaming when making that change :facepalm:

This was the change I made. A fix is coming up.

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
Re: (v0.4.3) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2020, 10:08:45 AM »
@Cobaia thank you for your bug report. v0.4.3 is up now.

* fixed a bug where the engine power rating for plasma core anti matter tech was incorrect.
* fixed a bug where thermal sensor strength 60 had incorrect value to it.

The following users thanked this post: Cobaia

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
Re: (v0.4.4) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2020, 08:24:09 PM »
v0.4.4 is out with a few minor bug fixes.

* fixed the calculation for missile engine cost when engine power multiplier is below 1.
* fixed the tooltip for the ship design table on the ship planner tab.
* improved the rounding for missile cost calculation

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline Elvin

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2020, 07:18:54 AM »
Have I missed something, or is there no option for minimum engine power research? I assume the Missile minimum power modifier is associated with the Engine one?

I ask as the optimizer is generating missiles with a 10% power modifier, which I can't build at the moment.

Thanks for making this tool, it's very useful  :)

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2020, 09:29:03 AM »
Have I missed something, or is there no option for minimum engine power research? I assume the Missile minimum power modifier is associated with the Engine one?

I ask as the optimizer is generating missiles with a 10% power modifier, which I can't build at the moment.

Thanks for making this tool, it's very useful  :)

You are right, the missile screen does not have a min engine boost tech and it is assumed all min engine tech boost can be used. It is an oversight since this parameter is not listed in the missile design screen in game so it sliped my mined :)

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
Re: (v0.5.0) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2020, 08:03:42 PM »
v0.5.0 is out. Major new feature: ship refit calculator

* new feature: the ability to have multiple designs in the ship planner
   * create new empty designs
   * copy the current design into a new design
   * a list shows the existing designs. the list is ordered so that created designs are on top, followed by imported designs. within each category the designs are sorted alphabetically
* new feature: import player designs from DB
   * replaced the previous import components button
   * all player designed components including the prototypes and obsoletes will be imported as well
   * known limitation: if the deployment time is not an integer, the design will not be imported.
* new feature: refit calculator in the ship planner
   * when a ship design is selected, it shows the ships can be built if the current design is tooled to a shipyard.
   * it also shows the design which once are tooled to a shipyard, can also build the current design.
   * these two lists are updated on the fly when the current design is modified.
   * with this change, players can import their designs and check if they can be built from the same shipyard.
   * known limitation: due to the rounding difference, refit cost may not be 100% the same as in-game. thus there is a slight chance that the result is not accurate.
   * known limitation: as of Aurora 4x 1.11.0, the crew quarter calculation in game can be smaller than the requirement. thus when such designs are imported, the design can be slightly different.
* the ship planner is now decoupled from the ship optimizer
   * when there is no result read from the ship optimizer, the ship planner can build ship similar to the class design screen in game.
   * when a result from the ship optimizer has been loaded into the ship planner, it retains its old behavior.
* in the ship planner, armor can now be replaced by selecting a different armor type in the component list.

The following users thanked this post: Cobaia, Graymane, skoormit, AJS1956

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
Re: (v0.5.1) Iceranger's Missile and Ship Optimizer
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2020, 09:59:27 PM »
v0.5.1 is out. It should help if you are into fitting multiple designs into the same shipyard. :)

* new feature: in ship planner, a new button 'Bridging Hull' has been added
   * select multiple designs in the available designs list using ctrl+click and shift+click
   * the tool will try to generate a design that when tooled to a shipyard, the shipyard can build all selected designs.
   * when that is not possible, it will try to generate a design that covers some of the selected designs.
   * due to the known limitations mentioned in v0.5.0 change log, there is a slight chance the generated bridging hull need some tweak in game.
* refit calculator now shows the refit cost from the current design to all other available designs, and the ones can be built from the same shipyard if the current design is tooled
   * refit cost from other classes to the current class is not displayed any more
   * this change should help designing bridging hulls
* refit costs are now shown in a table and is sortable.
* in the ship planner, a button is added to delete the currently displayed design.
* the ship planner screen now refreshes correctly when removing components from the design by double clicking in the component table
* fixed a bug when loading designs from DB, the design is not refreshed after finished loading, resulting in incorrect costs.
* fix the tooltips for the missile archive when the table is manually sorted.

The following users thanked this post: Cobaia, skoormit

Offline Cobaia

• C
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2020, 03:48:12 AM »
@Iceranger

The filter in: 'Refit cost from the current designs' filter out civilian ships and Bases?

In the attached picture I can see the whole list of civilians and the bases.

The following users thanked this post: Iceranger

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2020, 09:06:12 AM »
@Iceranger

The filter in: 'Refit cost from the current designs' filter out civilian ships and Bases?

In the attached picture I can see the whole list of civilians and the bases.
That is definitely not intended and I need to check. I recall in my query I filtered civ designs (and their components) out. But apparently it is not working properly. Are these civ designs engineless when you check them in the ship planner?

Offline Cobaia

• C
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2020, 09:13:49 AM »
I think I figured out whats wrong and it's nothing to do with the Optimizer, I also see the civilian designs in the class design screen without the 'Show Civilians' option ticked in.

I'm trying to understand what's wrong, I suspect it's related with the deletion of the Shipping Line. I checked the DB and ClassShippingLineID is at 0 and should not be.

I think I have to report it has a bug.

EDIT:

The classes are set to obsolete. Should the optimizer display them?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 09:17:14 AM by Cobaia »

Offline Iceranger (OP)

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2020, 09:36:07 AM »
I think I figured out whats wrong and it's nothing to do with the Optimizer, I also see the civilian designs in the class design screen without the 'Show Civilians' option ticked in.

I'm trying to understand what's wrong, I suspect it's related with the deletion of the Shipping Line. I checked the DB and ClassShippingLineID is at 0 and should not be.

I think I have to report it has a bug.

EDIT:

The classes are set to obsolete. Should the optimizer display them?
Right now I don’t check the class obsolete flag, but maybe I should. I didn’t find a place in game for players to obsolete their designs (only delete is possible), so I thought that field is not used.