Author Topic: Possible bug, 0 failure rate  (Read 1660 times)

Offline Micro102 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • M
Possible bug, 0 failure rate
« on: February 11, 2010, 08:37:30 PM »
When i go into the class design, i get a failure rate for my ship, but when i go into the "Ships" window under the system map, they say 0% for both annual and incremental failure rates. Is this a bug? (i think it happens when you change their design with SM after fast building it with SM)

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Possible bug, 0 failure rate
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 11:09:40 PM »
Quote from: "Micro102"
When i go into the class design, i get a failure rate for my ship, but when i go into the "Ships" window under the system map, they say 0% for both annual and incremental failure rates. Is this a bug? (i think it happens when you change their design with SM after fast building it with SM)

Take a look at the "clock" in the maintenance section (near the upper right) - I'll bet it's at zero.  I just flipped around among some different ships with different times on their clocks, and the annual failure rate was different for different times on the clock, with 0% for no time on the clock (fresh build or just out of overhaul).  So I suspect that this is how you tell what the actual annual failure rate for that ship at that time is, rather than the base failure rate as determined from the class.

John

PS - Please post new user questions in The Academy.  In addition, Steve has asked that we not start new threads in bugs (see the "Where to post" FAQ).