Author Topic: 4.46 Bugs  (Read 9253 times)

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
4.46 Bugs
« on: October 27, 2009, 02:41:11 PM »
Steve,this bug,ive been show more than one time..

"Error in CmdTeam_Click
Error 3421 was generated by DAO.Field
Errore di conversione del tipo di dati (Error on data type conversion)

And r from some years who come

Window opened: Economic,
sub window:TEAMS/Academy:
selection: teams,example:geology,flag commanders then "Create Team">>>>>>>>>the bug windo come

next for me r unknow if somethink appens,or if all goes as well..dont know

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Re: 4.46 Bugs
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 10:46:39 PM »
I have two construction jobs, each have 50% of capacity. I then queued a missile production job (100 missiles at 12% capacity) and it went into the queue correctly.

Two days later my research into expanding the missile appropriation to max 14% completed so I went to the industry screen so I could increase the job to 14 while it was still queued. Problem is that the missile job now has a due time and the 'unused overall capacity' is reading -12! I think it could have been the research that is skewing the numbers, but I did not check that screen between setting the job and the research completing so it may not be related.

Another think on the industry tab is that when you pause and the un-pause a job the word 'no' appears in the due date column instead of the 'pause/queue' column. Just a display issue, doesn't seem to adversely effect anything.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 11:52:23 PM »
Error in MoveToClosestItem
Error 5 was generated by Aurora
Invalid procedure call or argument

I am just on the System Map, no other windows open, have the same fleets doing the same things for a while now and am running the auto-increment.

Came up 3 times and then continued with the auto-increment until an event occurred.

Thinking about it some more, maybe it could be these three?
1. the TG doing a gravsurvey
2. another TG doing a gravsurvey in different system
3. the TG doing training in Sol

Would they require the calculation of a 'closestItem'?

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 12:01:42 AM »
Error in CreateMesonCannon
Error 3201 was generated by DAO.Recordset
you cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'Race'.

Before this, I was doing the auto-increment and I noticed that it was only forwarding in minute-chunks so I guess an NPR was encountering a Precursor or another NPR or it triggered the creation of another NPR?

That was the only error.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 01:15:03 AM »
I got a message that:

"17th Engineer Regiment has recovered 5x on Mars" - but I can't see what the 5 items could be, looked in summary, stockpiles and the only thing I can't be sure of is the mineral stocks. But, units of 5 minerals doesn't seem that big a find! :)

Also, a typo on the Engineer units: The game start units are called 'Engineer' whilst the newly created units are called 'Engineer Regiment'. I think the other game start units are also using the older names.

On the officer screen, if you select a 'ranks and security' option that has no people in it and then select an 'assignment type filter' it just gives the hourglass/loading icon, but you can just close that screen or select another option from ranks that has people.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 03:42:06 PM »
Has anyone seen this before. I have a troop transport with troop capacity of 2 battalions and a drop capacity of one company. When I try and load one of the engineering units formed at the start of the game I get the following events

23rd March 2051 16:30:01,Sol,CA Napoleon 001 failed to Load 32nd Engineer from Earth. Any additional orders will be on hold until the problem is resolved
          23rd March 2051 16:30:01,Unknown,Cannot pick up division as the fleet has insufficient space

It appears to think this unit is a whole division, is this just a text error or does Aurora really think it is a whole division? Incidently how many troop transport holds do I need for an engineering regiment?

Regards
IanD

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 04:01:02 PM »
if am in right..for 1 Engineer regiment ,need same space to an Division=5 space (...)

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 10:20:23 PM »
Error in CreatePDCComponents
Item not found in this collection.

Just finished construction of a prefab PDC, it is not listed under stockpile and no option appears under 'assemble PDC'.

This is the PDC

Code: [Select]
California class Planetary Defence Centre    17000 tons     1312 Crew     1849.92 BP      TCS 340  TH 0  EM 0
Armour 8-58     Sensors 1/120     Damage Control Rating 20     PPV 88
Troop Capacity: 1 Battalion    Magazine 1048    

S8 Hammer Missile Launcher I (8)    Missile Size 8    Rate of Fire 120
S2 Interceptor Missile Launcher I (12)    Missile Size 2    Rate of Fire 30
Interceptor Fire Control I (3)     Range 1.4m km    Resolution 1
Hammer Fire Control (2)     Range 86.4m km    Resolution 120
S2 Interceptor Missile II (204)  Speed: 36,900 km/s   End: 0.5m    Range: 1.2m km   WH: 1    Size: 2    TH: 160 / 96 / 48
S8 Hammer Missile II (80)  Speed: 21,000 km/s   End: 67m    Range: 84.4m km   WH: 4    Size: 8    TH: 84 / 50 / 25

Interceptor Search Sensor I (1)     GPS 120     Range 1.2m km    Resolution 1
Hammer Search Sensor I (1)     GPS 14400     Range 144.0m km    Resolution 120

Missile to hit chances are vs targets moving at 3000 km/s, 5000 km/s and 10,000 km/s

This design is classed as a Planetary Defence Centre and can be pre-fabricated in 7 sections

Also note that I have 6 CIWS in this design but they do not show on the summary above - this is the same for all my designs. Which leads me to question on CIWS, can they work ok firing from a PDC on planets surface through atmosphere into space?

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 11:51:17 AM »
Error in create jump drive
error 3201 because a related table in table race is required

It looks like I got this when I recovered the jump engine from some ruins.  I saw some of the same with the last game I set up where any tech modules recovered gave the same error.  The planet has had it's xeno survey completed and the summary page displays the total installations and originating group.  This ruin was done using sm mode to set up.

I noticed that even before the xeno survey was completed I was recovering some installations - fuel refinery and infrastructure as I remember.

Brian

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 04:47:43 PM »
Steve, I realize that this may be intentional, but I noticed that the NPR created at start has only one shipyard, it is commercial and it is building warships! Dastardly so-and-so's!

I was messing about in the DB, swapping some raceIDs around so I could get a look at their map the next time I started the game (which worked btw!) when I noticed they only had that one entry for Shipyards.

Note to anybody else, windows7 and office2003 seem to have issues when closing the DB down if you open it for debugging. The UAC and auto-recovery in windows7annoyed the hell out of me for 2 hours while I tried to fix what they perceived as a problem. Don't know if many other people fiddle with the values in the DB, but I like having a look to help track down bugs.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 09:14:28 PM »
Error in DisplayFleets
Error 3265 was generated by DAO.Fields
Item not found in this collection.

Happened just as the first stage of my missile arrived at waypoint were it was to release the second stage - a buoy with active sensor. Fired twice.

Fires twice on every adjustment of the system map.

*edit*
It doesn't fire when 'show active sensor ranges' is unchecked.

The buoy's and its active sensor ring is civilian color, should it not be my color? The buoy has a name but there is no description for the size/strength of the active sensor.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 09:20:27 PM »
Error in AddSubstituteOrdnance
Error 3021 was generated by DAO.Field
No current record.

Fired 4 times. A PDC just finished building on Earth, so maybe it was trying to autoload? I know that I did not have enough stocks made to fill it up.

*edit*
This is what should be stocked in my PDC:
S2 Interceptor Missile II (204)  Speed: 36,900 km/s   End: 0.5m    Range: 1.2m km   WH: 1    Size: 2    TH: 160 / 96 / 48
S8 Hammer Missile II (80)  Speed: 21,000 km/s   End: 67m    Range: 84.4m km   WH: 4    Size: 8    TH: 84 / 50 / 25

This is what is currently in my PDC:
S2 Interceptor Missile II (182)  Speed: 36,900 km/s   End: 0.5m    Range: 1.2m km   WH: 1    Size: 2    TH: 160 / 96 / 48
S2 Interceptor Missile II (342)  Speed: 36,900 km/s   End: 0.5m    Range: 1.2m km   WH: 1    Size: 2    TH: 160 / 96 / 48

I definitely did not have that many interceptor missiles produced!!

Offline ussdefiant

• Petty Officer
  • u
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 09:16:02 PM »
For some reason the Events window in my current game decided that it didn't want to come up sometime in the middle of combat. It's like it's constantly deciding to stay miminzed for some reason. However, the events window works perfectly fine if i start a new game.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 10:26:48 PM »
Error in CreateEngine
Error 3201 was generated by DAO.RecordSet
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'Race'.

I'm not designing any techs. Happened during an auto-increment. Fired once.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 12:27:12 PM »
Quote from: "IanD"
Has anyone seen this before. I have a troop transport with troop capacity of 2 battalions and a drop capacity of one company. When I try and load one of the engineering units formed at the start of the game I get the following events

23rd March 2051 16:30:01,Sol,CA Napoleon 001 failed to Load 32nd Engineer from Earth. Any additional orders will be on hold until the problem is resolved
          23rd March 2051 16:30:01,Unknown,Cannot pick up division as the fleet has insufficient space

It appears to think this unit is a whole division, is this just a text error or does Aurora really think it is a whole division? Incidently how many troop transport holds do I need for an engineering regiment?
I haven't updated the message text since the changes so I'll do that for the next version. I have also gone through the code and fixed a few similar problems.

An Engineer Regiment requires the same space as four battalions.

Steve