Author Topic: Can't seem to ship infrastructure to Mars  (Read 2012 times)

Offline ImperialGuard (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • I
Can't seem to ship infrastructure to Mars
« on: December 21, 2011, 05:32:35 PM »
Recently found out about Aurora . . .  barely scratching the surface (I suspect),  but man do I love what I've seen so far  ;D

I've read the tutorials, the Wiki,  and done some searches on the forums,  but can't seem to figure out the following:

1)  Identified Mars as a Human Colony
2)  Had my manufactuing on Earth build 2000 infrastructure
3)  Built a "cargo ship" with 5 cargo holds

I want to send my infrastructure to Mars,  so I can send my colonists.   WHen I go to the Fleet Screen,  I do not have an option for my Cargo ship to load the infrastructure.   I have options to "load/unload colonists",  "load/unload mines",  but nothing for Infrastructure (or manufacturing for that matter).

I've seen posts here mentioning that's the way to send infrastructure to a colony. . . .

I must be missing something simple . . .   any suggestions would be extremenly helpful!

Does matter if my ship is Commercial vs Military?  My cargo ship is Commercial (thought I read this is recommended to save on maintenance/breakdowns)

thanks !

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
Re: Can't seem to ship infrastructure to Mars
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 08:07:43 PM »
Post your ship design for your freighter. You shouldn't be getting the load/unload colonists in the orders list if you just have a freighter in the task group.

Check that you have your freighter in it's own taskgroup. For a freighter at earth you should have a bunch of load orders available for the various installations and minerals on the planet. Load infrastructure should appear below load automated mine and above load fuel refinery.

Also check the colony summary, that the infrastructure you ordered built is actualy there, under current infrastructure.

Another option is to uncheck the "order filtering" checkbox on the taskgroup page as that will show all orders, give the freighter the load infrastructure order from there then advance time and see if it gives an error or if it actually loads.

Comercial or military makes no difference as far as loading is concerned.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 08:14:10 PM by metalax »

Offline ImperialGuard (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • I
Re: Can't seem to ship infrastructure to Mars
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 07:56:22 AM »
Thanks very much for the suggestions.       I'm embarrased to say,  I guess I was looking in the wrong spot

I was looking on the Fleet Orders page under the "Special Orders/Organization tab",  in the "Default Orders" section.   

I realized today that I need to look on the "Task Group Orders" tab  in the middle section "Actions Available"  (right in front of my nose !   :) )

Infrastructure on the way to Mars !

thanks