Author Topic: Multiple fire controls and auto fire  (Read 1571 times)

Offline Beaker (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • B
Multiple fire controls and auto fire
« on: September 26, 2015, 02:25:55 PM »
 One of my ships has four identical fire controls and sixteen turrets.  If I manually assign four turrets to each FC and targets to each FC, everything works fine.  However, if I check the "Automated Fire" box in the combat assignments screen, only one FC targets and fires.  And if I try to assign all the turrets to that FC, the game reshuffles the assignments so only three or four turrets fire automatically. Anyone know what's going on, or if there is a workaround?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Multiple fire controls and auto fire
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 03:15:50 PM »
Yes, the work-around is don't ever use 'Automated Fire'

It is a relic of the old days - it is actually the code by which computer-controlled races fire their ships, and was only made available to the players because some of us asked nicely to 'see under the hood' to better understand what was going on in our games.  It is full of unusual behaviour and strange quirks due to it's Non-Player Race origin.

Manually assign your turrets and fire controls, and then copy assignments to all other ships of that class in the same fleury.

Offline Beaker (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • B
Re: Multiple fire controls and auto fire
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 07:56:57 PM »
Ach, that's too bad.  I've found it to be a big time saver when I'm just tearing through an enemy stack and don't want to designate each of 50+ targets. Oh well.