Author Topic: Mine target acquisition  (Read 1095 times)

Offline Conscript Gary (OP)

• Lt. Commander
Mine target acquisition
« on: November 10, 2012, 01:12:27 AM »
Assuming I'm doing something wrong and this isn't a bug, how do I get a buoy-type missile to actually pick targets after they've been launched and sat in space for a while?

(Pictured: Not exactly intended behavior)

Even the most minimal of sensors and second stage separation ranges should have deployed when enemy ships were literally on top of them, and those particular mines were rated to release at 600,000 km with thermal sensor coverage a bit beyond that. The submunitions had active sensors but those never came into play.

I've made a game to putz around in for testing, and made a few similar mines and a martian empire to test them on. Either they deploy their submunitions immediately after launch (in which case the onboard active sensors sought out the test target just fine), or they sat there serene and uncaring as my test ship moved right up against them with engines on full.

All mines were deployed through the combat assignments overview, fire controls locked onto a waypoint slaved to the system's primary.
Is there some trick I'm missing here?

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: Mine target acquisition
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 01:40:14 AM »
I posted this in the bug thread, active mines don't work either, mirvs do though.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 01:41:26 AM »
Also, for when they do work, you'll want to set them up like this:

Offline Conscript Gary (OP)

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 01:52:31 AM »

Yeah, my defensive fields were laid out more sensibly, that stack there was a gambit of desparation against the swarm.

And thanks, I must have missed your report being posted. Ah well.