Author Topic: Unable to get newly designed geo survey ship to depart shipyard.  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Traveler (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
I have a newly built geosurvey ship with engines, fuel, crew, sensors.   I gave it orders to survey the next 5 bodies and gave it secondary fuel orders.   Viewing the sys map shows varying locations next to the symbol of the ship, all in the Sol system.   The trouble is, after 90 days the ship is still on Earth.

Offline Silfir

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
Re: Unable to get newly designed geo survey ship to depart shipyard.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 10:59:47 AM »
Did you detach the survey ship from the Shipyard TG first, to put it in its own task group? Are "Geological Survey" orders listed in its task group, and not being executed, or does it not even get that far? Are there error messages in the Event log, and what are they?

Offline Traveler (OP)

• T
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 11:17:19 AM »
It is still listed as being in the Ship yard TG.   I see that there is a Survey TG but I can't find a way to transfer it.

Offline Traveler (OP)

• T
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 11:32:05 AM »
I transferred it to the Survey TG, and gave it specific orders rather than default and it's on the way.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 01:54:17 PM »
If a ship is scheduled to be delivered to a task group after construction then that TG will not perform any orders. I usually rename shipyard TG to A Shipyard TG to put it at the top of the list alphabetically so that no shipyard attempts to set the delivery TG to another one, preventing it from carrying out its orders.